Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was for pain, during surgery, in place of anesthesia....
I am old-fashioned. I prefer anesthesia. ;)

Jokes aside, during this one surgery I had, it was the first surgery of the day. I had to be there at like 4:30 am. It was in October, and the OR wasn't warmed up yet. So, they were concerned about my circulation and they started putting heating pads all around me. Heating pads with massage on my legs - DIVINE. And a bunch of heated blankets. At one point I told them, "Guys, you can turn off the IV and the gas - I am about to fall asleep all on my own."

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
nope...uhuh....no way.... I don't like bacon

I could not, would not, in a boat.
I will not, will not, with a goat.
I will not eat it in the rain.
I will not eat it on a train.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let me be!
I do not like it in a box.
I do not like it with a fox.
I will not eat it in a house.
I do not like it with a mouse.
I do not like it here or there.
I do not like it anywhere!
tenor.gif

Your very fond of saying "I don't like bacon"... I bet you tell your friends "I'm going out to eat a salad"
You probably have a hidden stash somewhere...
giphy.gif

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I cut the tip of my thumb off grating garlic with a new, very sharp micro plane.

Oh, dude, no! Oh, man.

I guess we don't need a product review.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I cut the tip of my thumb off grating garlic with a new, very sharp micro plane.
I have a huge burn on my right arm. I wish I could tell people I got it while saving a baby from a burning building. But no. I was making pear jam, one of the jars popped and splashed just-heat-treated jam on my arm.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a huge burn on my right arm. I wish I could tell people I got it while saving a baby from a burning building. But no. I was making pear jam, one of the jars popped and splashed just-heat-treated jam on my arm.

I had a similar injury. Not a burn though. One time I pulled a lower lumbar out of place. The pain was gut-wrenching.

I told people that I got it while saving orphans from a burning building.

In reality? It was the late 90's. We still had landlines. Hell, to show how primitive the times we were, we still had CORDS on our phones. Anyway, I was laying on my back in bed, talking to my girlfriend. The base was on the floor. We said good bye. I turned my upper body so I could reach down to the floor and put the receiver on the base, and BOOM! Instant excruciating pain.

The truth falls so short of fantasy sometimes that it makes me just want to stay in bed all day.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's fantastic, but doesn't a 5-page screenplay make for a very short feature? Or am I confusing with script?

And you are right, it does make for a short feature. However, it's not my thang. I am just getting paid to write out some guy's idea. LOL

For the record though, the estimate is that you do get one minute of screen time for one page of screenplay...or script. :p

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My 9-year-old son says, "I LIVE for bacon."

I hope pigs never become an endangered species.
That would be terrible. I don't even want to think about it.

In this one sci fi book I re-read regularly (even though the author is a total jerk - I do like the book), there is this one planet where geneticists created these mutated pigs. The pigs are the size of elephants and they grow bacon on them - already cured and pre-flavored. Different pigs have different flavors. So, some pigs have hickory-smoked bacon on them, others - spiced with green apples, etc. And you can cut the lard and bacon off them - and it doesn't hurt them at all, because the layer is so thick. They just walk around, and the cut heals and fills in with more lard and bacon. I think this is one of those science fiction things that need to be brought to life. Stat.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
it hurts more than one might expect, particularly when you juice a couple limes, as well.

Yeah. I think something like polysporin would be better as a home remedy than lime juice...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a similar injury. Not a burn though. One time I pulled a lower lumbar out of place. The pain was gut-wrenching.

I told people that I got it while saving orphans from a burning building.

In reality? It was the late 90's. We still had landlines. Hell, to show how primitive the times we were, we still had CORDS on our phones. Anyway, I was laying on my back in bed, talking to my girlfriend. The base was on the floor. We said good bye. I turned my upper body so I could reach down to the floor and put the receiver on the base, and BOOM! Instant excruciating pain.

The truth falls so short of fantasy sometimes that it makes me just want to stay in bed all day.
We still have a landline. Considering how often electricity goes off where we live, it's actually very handy - like... to report the outage to the electrical company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions