Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty good tournament - Silver medals in Forms and Breaking
and a Gold in Weapons Forms! The big news though - one of
the purple belts at my school.. I encouraged him to go and he
really stole the show!! Gold medals in Forms, Breaking and
Sparring AND Grand Champion in Advanced Color Belt Forms
and Breaking!! :) SO proud of him!
Good work encouraging him! Sometimes it amazes me what people (myself included) hold back from doing, then turn out to be extremely ready to do.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Ruined my plan to go for a hike today, and ruined my dads camping trip...
I've never let rain stop me from camping, though it has diluted the experience a bit. Less so, after a girlfriend introduced me to the concept of bringing alcohol for the hot chocolate. I don't know why I never thought of that for rainy days.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never let rain stop me from camping, though it has diluted the experience a bit. Less so, after a girlfriend introduced me to the concept of bringing alcohol for the hot chocolate. I don't know why I never thought of that for rainy days.
That would have been an alcohol free campout, I've found that bringing whiskey makes winter-campouts a lot more fun. I believe they still went out for the day, just didn't stay overnight at the site.
As for me, I'd rather not accidentally get sick hiking in the rain...god that thinking makes me feel old.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would have been an alcohol free campout, I've found that bringing whiskey makes winter-campouts a lot more fun. I believe they still went out for the day, just didn't stay overnight at the site.
As for me, I'd rather not accidentally get sick hiking in the rain...god that thinking makes me feel old.
If I didn't camp in the rain, I'd rarely get to camp. God knows when I plan a camping trip, and he doesn't seem to like it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, we have awoken to a Southern fall here in the South. Tomorrow, we will have a brief Southern winter (or Northeastern fall), before returning to Southern fall.
Actually getting some snow flurries at the moment. Kind of out of nowhere - was almost 70F a few days ago.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It’s a little grey in Seattle today. Supposed to be warm and sunny on Halloween. That would be nice.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually getting some snow flurries at the moment. Kind of out of nowhere - was almost 70F a few days ago.
It's not even 50 here right now, and this is deep south....
Not complaining, Xue, no need for shunning just yet! :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car front wheel got knocked off the rim. Had to drop it off by the mechanics and figure out how I'll get to work tomorrow

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well...I live in the north and I have rain....lots of rain..... gallons and gallons of rain...and it is supposed to rain all night and most of the day tomorrow. If this keeps up I'm thinking Ark....anyone have any idea what gopherwood is......

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well...I live in the north and I have rain....lots of rain..... gallons and gallons of rain...and it is supposed to rain all night and most of the day tomorrow. If this keeps up I'm thinking Ark....anyone have any idea what gopherwood is......

When you see a cute girl Gopher?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont you live down south? They have snow down there?
We do actually get snow - sometimes even real amounts (more than 6”). I don’t recall ever seeing any in October.

And just to complete the false Winter, our power has been out for 6 hours at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.