kempo and kenpo

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Katie Simmons
I wholeheartedly agree with you; it is always necessary to prepare for the worst. I didn't mean to imply that a ground fighter would just curl up into fetal position and weep for forgiveness if you used strikes on him. The point I was trying to make is that you should use your own strengths rather than playing your opponent's game. Striking is effective against any opponent; in my experience, it just tends to frustrate groundfighters more because they can't get close enough to take you down. In an actual altercation, I would not assume that my opponent was only a grappler and didn't know how to strike. But I sure as hell wouldn't stay on the ground to find out.

THe attacker may not be standing.

Check out.

MMA vs KungFu
BJJ vs Karate

On the Download section, at the left side column,
http://www.bullshido.us/

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, those videos are hilarious. You know I'm glad to see we have people who take thise videos seriously. Somebody has to. It's been said a thousand times :It's the PERSON not the Art/style/whathaveyou

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Aren't we the genius?

The point is not about which art vs another art. It is about how grapplers fight.

She posted about using kicks to defend a standing attacker. But that is not the only scenario in ground fighting. The video is for that reference. That site is biased in favour of MMA, but that is not my point.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
Aren't we the genius?
Was that really necessary?

The point is not about which art vs another art. It is about how grapplers fight.
I am truly pleased that people are beginning to understand that. Do not think for a second, I am not saying that you are, that all grapplers are ground fighters.

She posted about using kicks to defend a standing attacker. But that is not the only scenario in ground fighting. The video is for that reference. That site is biased in favour of MMA, but that is not my point.
You are correct, that is not the only scenario. What is your point? Politely, please.

Latest Discussions