It's UFO Time Again

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Given that Prometheus will be released very soon (SO looking forward to that), I thought it might be fun to dig into the ET files again and see if there is anything new to report and wag our chins about.

First a neat compilation of some pretty intriguing footage of some 'good' atmospheric phenomenon and unidentified flying objects:

[yt]iFRKJ6PZZ3c[/yt]

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Perhaps more thought provoking was this clip:

[yt]mVV6u-Y2XZU[/yt]

Is this just an old fellow, who did extraordinary things, slightly losing his grip or just getting to the age where he figures he has gotten to the stage in his life where he has no worries about what people might think?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I used to play this all the time, 'til I lent the CD to a "Friend".
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just spoke to my mate from Ursa Minor. He was adamant that we have nothing to fear from his people. He is as upset as the rest of us that young bucks from his planet are flying about in their PTDs (Personal Transportational Devices) in an irresponsible manner, disrupting air services and causing us unnecessary concerns for our safety.

Unlike the guys from Andromeda, who can be much more gung ho, his people just want to get on with everyone and fit in with the locals.

Hope that puts everyone's fears to rest. :asian:

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I always find it strange that people who know that we exist, completely doubt the possibility that in all that "space," out there, that there can't possibly be other beings. Perhaps we are so far away from other planets that hold life that they haven't been able to get here yet, or if they have, as some people claim to have seen them, that their current technology is at the level of our deep water submarines. We can go very deep in submarines, but they are very small and don't hold that many people. Or, perhaps our planet is toxic in some way that they cannot counter yet. I'm not saying that I completely believe in other beings inhabiting other worlds, but I am open to the possibility simply because "we" exist.

One thing I am against is sending out probes and calls into "space," until such time as we are masters of our own "space." As the early Americans discovered, when someone out classes you technologically, it usually doesn't go well for you. I would rather we stay isolated in our own corner of space until we can actually defend ourselves, on the off chance other beings are out there.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:grins: Nice to see that, yet again, we can agree on something, Bill :nods:. I do think that in our early forays into near-Earth/solar system space, we were a bit too enamoured of the idea that technological sophistication corresponded to an equally sophisticated social or moral component for any alien races we might meet.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I always find it strange that people who know that we exist, completely doubt the possibility that in all that "space," out there, that there can't possibly be other beings. Perhaps we are so far away from other planets that hold life that they haven't been able to get here yet, or if they have, as some people claim to have seen them, that their current technology is at the level of our deep water submarines. We can go very deep in submarines, but they are very small and don't hold that many people. Or, perhaps our planet is toxic in some way that they cannot counter yet. I'm not saying that I completely believe in other beings inhabiting other worlds, but I am open to the possibility simply because "we" exist.
I am positive there is life on other planets in other solar systems. With an estimated 100 billion plus galaxies and up to 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone, the chances of there not being life in other places is negligible. However, with the distances involved, I doubt that visitors from outer space are the cause of our UFO sightings. :asian:

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Most of the UFO stuff just seems silly to me. UFO is the exactly correct term, UNIDENTIFIED flying object. All we know about any of those images in the video is that we don't know what they are. To assume they are alien spacecraft without any evidence to support it is not logical, it's wishful thinking at best.

I believe there is alien life on other planets, but it doesn't make much sense that a bunch of aliens would come all the way to our planet and instead of introducing themselves, or staying far enough way to observe us without being observed, instead they would fly through our atmosphere leaving weird trails or shining strange lights in a variety of ways, mostly not repeated consistently and with a great deal of variation over the decades. Like I said, it just seems silly.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe not so silly if you think about it. Let's say they have the tech ability to get here but only in a small ship with a very small crew. If they monitor our communications, they might very well be concerned about exposing themselves to the "natives."

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Maybe not so silly if you think about it. Let's say they have the tech ability to get here but only in a small ship with a very small crew. If they monitor our communications, they might very well be concerned about exposing themselves to the "natives."

Are there a lot of different ones with the same limited tech, whose different ships have radically different and inconsistent effects? Is there any evidence that this is a likely option? Still pretty silly if you think about it.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Perhaps over the years ship designs changed, or there are more aliens out there than we think. Keep in mind the vikings are supposed to have been to North America before the rest of Europe, and their ship design would be completely different than the later ships. Also, the English, Spanish, French, and other countries that came to the new world at first couldn't stay for long and had relatively small crews on their ships. From reports, Columbus left crew members here, and they were eaten by cannibal indians. So exploration of our world by aliens could very well be similar to the exploration of the new world in our own history. Just saying.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Perhaps over the years ship designs changed, or there are more aliens out there than we think. Keep in mind the vikings are supposed to have been to North America before the rest of Europe, and their ship design would be completely different than the later ships. Also, the English, Spanish, French, and other countries that came to the new world at first couldn't stay for long and had relatively small crews on their ships. From reports, Columbus left crew members here, and they were eaten by cannibal indians. So exploration of our world by aliens could very well be similar to the exploration of the new world in our own history. Just saying.
So, with billions upon billions of stars and billions of planets, why are they all coming here and not attempting to make contact? Doesn't seem right that they would come all that way just to see how pretty Earth looks from the air. You can see everything from further up anyway. :asian:

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe rather than aliens they are human time travellers obeying the Temporal Prime Directive? :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That poor guy on the Art Bell radio program... not aliens but extra dimensional beings? hmm. might explain some ghost sightings as well...

I've have had my share of seeing odd objects in the sky both during the day and night. What they are ... unidentified flying objects... just have no idea as to what it was that I saw.

The spirals that northern euros have seen/recorded are way cool.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those atmospheric disturbances are incredible aren't they? I've never seen the like before and even tho' I have seen much footage of them they still trigger both the "Wow!" and the "What the beep was that?!" responses :D.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
. From reports, Columbus left crew members here, and they were eaten by cannibal indians..

While the very word, "cannibal", comes to us as a corruption of the Spanish translation of the Taino word for the Carib Indians, who did practice the ritual consumption of the flesh of slain enemies (not to be confused with the simple consumption of human beings for food), Columbus's slain crewmen, at the settlement of La Navidad, were in fact killed by the Taino for what would come to be one of the usual depredations of European invaders-they couldn't leave the Taino women alone. The Taino, with whom Columbus had an agreement prior to his return to Spain,did not, as far as we know, practice any form of cannibalism. We know all of this through Columbus's own writings: that the Taino chief initially told him that an invading tribe had slain his men, which Columbus initially believed, but he was later told by that same chief's brother that the Taino, under the chief's orders, had carried out the attack because of the men's misbehavior.

In other words, it's not "from reports" at all.......

Meanwhile, this is a very regular thing here in New Mexico-no, not cannibalism,silly! :lfao:

UFOs. Everyone knows it's DARPA.

$ufo-new-mexico.jpg

Last edited:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe rather than aliens they are human time travellers obeying the Temporal Prime Directive? :D
Good thinking Batman! Time travel may well be the reason they haven't been detected in space as they approach Earth. Cool! :)

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Absolutely, it really could be. Now, do you have anything other than a theory based on idle speculation?

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope, just looking at the history of exploration on our own little ball of dirt and extrapolating it to space exploration. I could be completely wrong, or right or in between, but this speculation is as valid as other speculation. Now, on to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...