ITF competition sparring rules

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
I imagine that with in the ITF curriculum, like the Kukkiwon curriculum, there are many different types of sparring. What I want to ask, to those who know, is what are the current ITF sparring competition rules.

I am curious about this because a few short years back, the "WTF Integration Committee" met with members of the ITF to discuss how the ITF could be integrated into the WTF. At the conclusion of this meeting the WTF requested that the ITF present them with the detailed rules for competition. The ITF has not yet presented this, and I have not seen it. Can anyone explain the current rules, or point me to a site that will?

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I will have to take some time to read through it tomorrow. I do know that ITF is continuous and not point/stop and that punches are allowed to the head. What ITF sparring I have seen, mostly on youtube, looks good, though the participants seem to use kicking more than punching; the kicks seemed to take up the majority of the matches with flurries of punches punctuating.

In all, it looked like good stuff.

Latest Discussions