USTC: Where are they now?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are they still active and is anyone here still involved with them?

Everything is on hold pending a lawsuit filed by USTC against Kukkiwon. Can't get into specifics, but I think Kukkiwon President Kang is worried about losing face. He's trying some stuff which in my opinion will backfire and make things worse.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I rather liked what I had initially read about them and their mission.

That's the trouble when you are doing a good job. People get jealous and/or insecure, and want to shut you down/screw it up, no matter how many people are being helped.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, the USTC was mentioned a lot in various threads. Now I hear nothing at all about them. Their website is still up and running: http://www.ustaekwondocommittee.com...5A927DD389FAF8E455CA97A6.mc1?sitePageId=56240

Are they still active and is anyone here still involved with them?
We are still alive and well. We will be hosting the 4th Annual US Open National Hanmadang on July 13 & 14. Last year we doubled our attendance from previous year which tripled its number from the first year. We expect to do the same this year as it will be held Colorado Springs, CO and hosted by Pres. Lee Sang-chul.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
We are still alive and well. We will be hosting the 4th Annual US Open National Hanmadang on July 13 & 14. Last year we doubled our attendance from previous year which tripled its number from the first year. We expect to do the same this year as it will be held Colorado Springs, CO and hosted by Pres. Lee Sang-chul.

good catch. forgot about the us open hanmadang, with everything else going on. This year's event should be the largest one of them all.