Is this legal in Bayarea California to carry out?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am certain every state has some form of mask law. That is a common sense law.
It's not common sense. When most crimes are done on private property and not public property. The Georgia Mask law only applies to Public Property. Outside of school, Library, Post office or some other government building. Most people will go many weeks without setting foot on public property outside of the streets they drive on and walk on.

In terms of crime, those who are wearing masks are probably those who are trying to avoid cameras. I don't know what the stats are, but criminals probably wear masks more now because it no longer makes them stand out, which gives them the element of surprise. Precovid, someone wearing a mask would be the most watched person walking into a store or anywhere. But now you probably walk by someone with a mask and it doesn't even make you take a second look

How deep does the rabbit hole go? I would assume that he's not the only one.

Just saying, stuff like this could be bigger than what we really know while the stupid law in Georgia is worried about Sharia Law and Women's clothing.

When a new law comes into effect are they really addressing a problem that exists or are they addressing a culture that they don't like. Take note of what is going on in society at the time and before the law was implemented. Is the law addressing a real problems or a hyped up one?
Just some questions to ask one's self.

We revisit laws all the time. Max speed limit in Georgia used to be 50-55 mph. I put the range because I think it was 50mph during the 70's I don't remember seeing 55mph until about the 5th or 6th grade. Now the max speed limit here is 70 mph. So it's not strange to revisit laws and change them. We have a long history of doing just that on important laws. But for some reason the stupid ones seem to be sacred lol.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how do they treat muslims?
I'm willing to bet muslim women can walk around wearing their Burka face covered or partially covered.
I can but I'm Batman!
Read the law. Most such laws have exemptions for religious practice, medical needs, workplace safety, and other similar purposes, and often pair the wearing of the mask with the intent to either intimidate or conceal one's identity. (Hint; the mask law in Virginia is in the same part of the code that includees terrorist acts... and was inspired by the Klan's activities.)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's not common sense. When most crimes are done on private property and not public property. The Georgia Mask law only applies to Public Property. Outside of school, Library, Post office or some other government building. Most people will go many weeks without setting foot on public property outside of the streets they drive on and walk on.

In terms of crime, those who are wearing masks are probably those who are trying to avoid cameras. I don't know what the stats are, but criminals probably wear masks more now because it no longer makes them stand out, which gives them the element of surprise. Precovid, someone wearing a mask would be the most watched person walking into a store or anywhere. But now you probably walk by someone with a mask and it doesn't even make you take a second look

Just saying, stuff like this could be bigger than what we really know while the stupid law in Georgia is worried about Sharia Law and Women's clothing.

When a new law comes into effect are they really addressing a problem that exists or are they addressing a culture that they don't like. Take note of what is going on in society at the time and before the law was implemented. Is the law addressing a real problems or a hyped up one?

We revisit laws all the time. Max speed limit in Georgia used to be 50-55 mph. I put the range because I think it was 50mph during the 70's I don't remember seeing 55mph until about the 5th or 6th grade. Now the max speed limit here is 70 mph. So it's not strange to revisit laws and change them. We have a long history of doing just that on important laws. But for some reason the stupid ones seem to be sacred lol.
it would seem that my YouTube search for masks used in crime has also introduced me to Ghost Hunting with Drones for which I've spent the last hour watching. Youtube and it's strange search magic.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Read the law. Most such laws have exemptions for religious practice, medical needs, workplace safety, and other similar purposes, and often pair the wearing of the mask with the intent to either intimidate or conceal one's identity. (Hint; the mask law in Virginia is in the same part of the code that includees terrorist acts... and was inspired by the Klan's activities.)
This is why such laws should be revisited. Look at all the things that are done that are for the purpose of intimidating people. That happens more with masks off than mask on. Ton's of "Karens" in the use. Same with terrorist acts. We can probably pull up more cases and incidents where a mask didn't play a part and the criminal most likely doesn't have anything knowledge of a "mask law." KKK member with mask off good? KKK member with mask on bad? If the focus is on the mask then someone is missing issue lol

Armed bank robber comes in with a mask, then I would say the mask is the least of the problems. lol

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok I will just wear a Burka when I Rob a store.
Am I a man or woman? Absolutely absurd.

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
And alive not because of the weapon, in this case. As for “well”, I guess that depends how the charges end up.
So you seem to be assuming everyone gets stopped and searched every day ..a lot of police states in the US?
Or are we really talking about maybe he might get searched ?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I will just wear a Burka when I Rob a store.
Am I a man or woman? Absolutely absurd.
If they called you on it (and you aren't a muslim women), then you'd probably be in trouble for falsely claiming a religious exemption to a law. You'd probably be safe though, I can't imagine any cop taking that chance for such a dumb law.

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This is why such laws should be revisited. Look at all the things that are done that are for the purpose of intimidating people. That happens more with masks off than mask on. Ton's of "Karens" in the use. Same with terrorist acts. We can probably pull up more cases and incidents where a mask didn't play a part and the criminal most likely doesn't have anything knowledge of a "mask law." KKK member with mask off good? KKK member with mask on bad? If the focus is on the mask then someone is missing issue lol

Armed bank robber comes in with a mask, then I would say the mask is the least of the problems. lol
Agree..and as one chap here Pointed out, there are exceptions..Religion, medical...etc.
Makes the law obsolete..in my opinion

Last edited:

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If they called you on it (and you aren't a muslim women), then you'd probably be in trouble for falsely claiming a religious exemption to a law. You'd probably be safe though, I can't imagine any cop taking that chance for such a dumb law.
No because they would be called a racist. They had this where I live. Not sure but some countries like Denmark or Norway banned the wearing of the Burka with a totally concealed face. There were incidents of terrorists using the Burka for their activities knowing we are too scared to Touch them.

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Even they still have problems with it.
France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Bulgaria and the German state of Bavaria have all imposed restrictions on wearing full-face veils in public places.

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No because they would be called a racist. They had this where I live. Not sure but some countries like Denmark or Norway banned the wearing of the Burka with a totally concealed face. There were incidents of terrorists using the Burka for their activities knowing we are too scared to Touch them.
Maybe they got bombed enough and wise up!!!

Seriously, law and fairness doesn't go together lately, don't you notice by now?

let's get back to weapon. Regarding to magazines of pistols, I personally never even thought of carrying extra mag. Long time ago, I used to carry, but it's more deep concealment. I had enough trouble just carry a gun, never mind about extra mag. Mostly, revolver was still popular in my days. I personally won't carry a high capacity 9mm because it's so bulky. Even my "little" Glock 26 is way too bulky for me already. I only consider carrying that if I am going into really bad area and expect trouble.

Also, I still believe in aim and shoot, even if it is for a split second. Very quick aiming makes a day and night difference in accuracy. I don't agree with the bang bang bang bang type of blind shooting. It really doesn't impress me to shoot all in the head area of the target paper at 5 yds. When I practice, quick shooting, I lower the gun till the barrel touch the table, I then look away. Then when I am ready to shoot, I turn my head, raise the gun, split second aim and fire. Then keep repeating this. I get all the rounds onto a 8"X11" letter size target at 25 yds. Forget hitting the black center, just get it onto the paper. That I call it good enough. I don't believe in wasting bullets. You just don't go bang bang bang, then worry about carrying a few extra mags.

When we are talking about guns for deep concealment and has to be 14oz or under, revolvers is not a bad choice. Like Ruger LCR or S&W titanium alloy J frame. It's 5 rounds, BUT you can get speed loader. It's not slow to reload. they are ultra reliable ( semi auto 380 or 9mm at 17oz or below is not as reliable as those above 20oz).

that's just me and my opinion.

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Most gun owners I know have literally never practiced quick mag swaps. At the range, it’s painfully obvious.
When it comes to firearms I am more in the hunting category so I subscribe more to the notion of accuracy over capacity. That said, I get it and have no problem with it.

It has been about 20 years since I tried to speed load so yeah, it would be ugly.
Hopefully the other guy would already be dead before the need arises though. :)

Just saying, stuff like this could be bigger than what we really know while the stupid law in Georgia is worried about Sharia Law@jks9 and Women's clothing.

***COPY***
This is a copy of @jks9199 's post. I do not think anything else needs to be said.

Read the law. Most such laws have exemptions for religious practice, medical needs, workplace safety, and other similar purposes, and often pair the wearing of the mask with the intent to either intimidate or conceal one's identity. (Hint; the mask law in Virginia is in the same part of the code that includes terrorist acts... and was inspired by the Klan's activities.)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most gun owners I know have literally never practiced quick mag swaps. At the range, it’s painfully obvious.
And they don't really need to. Completely un-practiced, reloads are still pretty damned quick.
Sorry, not convinced.
You miss-spelled "I've buried my head"... hope this helps.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Designed Batons of all types are illegal in the Peoples Republic called the State of Kalifornia under section 12020 of the Penal Code. it includes all manner of martial arts weapons as well. Most of them are considered "wobblers" for the purpose of prosecution. That is you will be booked under a felony, but may be tried or plead to a misdemeanor unless you have a hard-*** ADA. Canes are legal to carry or everyone's grandparents would be locked up. The secret, other than items designed as batons or clubs, is how you use them. If an item is an actual baton or club, it is illegal. However, if you had a baseball bat in your car, it would be legal until such time you attacked someone with it, in which case it would be considered an assault with a deadly weapon. (245 P.C.). if you are attacked by several people, and you just happen to have a baseball bat in your car because you play softball sometimes, then you are defending yourself with what is available. I had a guy who defended himself against a couple of thugs with an old-style heavy glass Coke Bottle. No problem, however, if he attacked someone with that same Coke Bottle, it would be ADW, assault with a deadly weapon. (The bottle never broke by the way and he jacked the guys up pretty good with it). So, unless you have a "guard card" and a "baton endorsement" for carrying a baton, you are illegal.

AIKIKENJITSU

Green Belt
Reaction score
Who cares...lol
If it saves your life one day
It is illegal in many states. No need to subject yourself to the abuse from cops. Don't carry it! But if you are a martial artist, you don't need it. What I carry is legal: a small karambit which doubles as a pocket stick. Carry a cane and tell people sometimes your knee gives out. But if you use it for self defense, they may what to talk to your doctor, so no.
Also you can many times pick something off the ground, shelve, etc wherever you are and use it as a weapon.
Sifu
Puyallup, WA

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Designed Batons of all types are illegal in the Peoples Republic called the State of Kalifornia under section 12020 of the Penal Code. it includes all manner of martial arts weapons as well. Most of them are considered "wobblers" for the purpose of prosecution. That is you will be booked under a felony, but may be tried or plead to a misdemeanor unless you have a hard-*** ADA. Canes are legal to carry or everyone's grandparents would be locked up. The secret, other than items designed as batons or clubs, is how you use them. If an item is an actual baton or club, it is illegal. However, if you had a baseball bat in your car, it would be legal until such time you attacked someone with it, in which case it would be considered an assault with a deadly weapon. (245 P.C.). if you are attacked by several people, and you just happen to have a baseball bat in your car because you play softball sometimes, then you are defending yourself with what is available. I had a guy who defended himself against a couple of thugs with an old-style heavy glass Coke Bottle. No problem, however, if he attacked someone with that same Coke Bottle, it would be ADW, assault with a deadly weapon. (The bottle never broke by the way and he jacked the guys up pretty good with it). So, unless you have a "guard card" and a "baton endorsement" for carrying a baton, you are illegal.
My go to weapon to carry as a teen was a D cell battery. lots of ways to use it. Inside a fist, my sock, thrown, etc. Also not necessarily seen as a weapon, and easily disposed of.

Latest Discussions