Is it not a good idea to use boxing in a street fight situation do to the risk of breaking bones in

gpseymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor physical condition has plenty to do with it. If you can’t take a little ribbing, you shouldn’t post videos. I’m joking. Is this martial arts talk or snowflake story time?
Well, now I know your attitude toward disagreement. Childish.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor physical condition has plenty to do with it. If you can’t take a little ribbing, you shouldn’t post videos. I’m joking. Is this martial arts talk or snowflake story time?
You might want to take another look at the site banner. A key word is "friendly" and you'll find that in the TOS here as well.
Just be nice. Doesn't seem that much to ask...

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Poor physical condition has plenty to do with it.
I'd have some technical critiques of the form demonstrated in the video, if anyone asked. (No one has, so I'll keep those to myself for now.) However I would caution against judging a martial artist based just on their weight.

This guy ...
RoyNelsonBelly.jpg

...certainly seems to be more flabby and overweight than the gentleman in the video you were commenting on. It didn't keep him from having a successful career at the highest levels of MMA, with wins over some of the best fighters in the world. I'd venture to say that he could teach some useful things to just about anybody on this forum.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd have some technical critiques of the form demonstrated in the video, if anyone asked. (No one has, so I'll keep those to myself for now.) However I would caution against judging a martial artist based just on their weight.

This guy ...
View attachment 27359
...certainly seems to be more flabby and overweight than the gentleman in the video you were commenting on. It didn't keep him from having a successful career at the highest levels of MMA, with wins over some of the best fighters in the world. I'd venture to say that he could teach some useful things to just about anybody on this forum.
He certainly can rock and roll. Isn't he a black b belt in BJJ as well?

Wing Woo Gar

Green Belt
Reaction score
Again, I am sincerely sorry for my comment. I regret ever posting it. I apologize to the gentleman in the video, and any other person who was offended. It was a poor attempt at a joke, nothing more.

ThatOneSyrian

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Solution: use the elbow. More devastating and less injury risk but closer range required.

Oily Dragon

Blue Belt
Reaction score

This guy ...
View attachment 27359

The literal embodiment of Shaolin.

Have you seen him lately? The training has actually reversed his aging process.

This picture is fake but worth it.

1634263402469.png

Last edited: