Is it not a good idea to use boxing in a street fight situation do to the risk of breaking bones in

Balas Sermas

White Belt
Reaction score
knuckle push ups wont do any good at all,

what is it you think they achieve?
I think his theory is that; the longer he compressed the bones on his knuckles the more molecular/bone density they would acquire from compressing them lifting his body weight hence the more durable they will become.

Gaucho

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
When Mike "My Brain Is On Fire" Tyson was champ, he got into an argument (of course) in a Manhattan club with one of his competitors. Showing his usual self control, he punched the guy in the head - and broke his hand. The toughest guy in the world, built like a refrigerator, broke his hand.

Military unarmed combat training tends to discourage punching because a broken trigger finger (and other fingers)
could be fatal later on.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When Mike "My Brain Is On Fire" Tyson was champ, he got into an argument (of course) in a Manhattan club with one of his competitors. Showing his usual self control, he punched the guy in the head - and broke his hand. The toughest guy in the world, built like a refrigerator, broke his hand.

Military unarmed combat training tends to discourage punching because a broken trigger finger (and other fingers)
could be fatal later on.
well he didnt break his hand did he, he got a fracture to some small bones, of course very few people hit as hard as mike, the weaker your punch the less chance of damage

i find the whole discussion bizarre, if you hit the guy hard enough to fracture some digits then he should be spark out on the floor or at least wobbling a lot, you wont even feel it to the next day, so it doesnt take you out of the fight

are you really putting forward the idea that a boxers fracture would stop you pulling a trigger ? i find that most unlikely to be honest, it may hurt a bit,

Last edited: