Irresponsible "sparring"

senseiblackbelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have seen a few times where he fell down very close to the dummy. He could easily have broken his neck. This is irresponsible.

And why does he protect his head when he's on the ground? You see that he's afraid of being punched cause the other guy is insane
and obviously doesn't know that this is just sparring.

whats he gunna do. hes on the ground and he knows he gunna be punched. hands up and protect yo face

smh.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The sense of sparring cannot be that you beat up your partner and risk his health.
Martial arts are for killing, do you know?

Nowadays it is easier to kill with fire weapons, so it became mostly a sport. Anyway... If you want to taste the martial side of the thing, you are inevitably exposed to some level of risk.

If you train for fun as me (do you train??), it is nonsense being at risk. Anyway, if I am sparring, even with all cautions, I am already accepting some level of risk.

Some professionals need to train at another level in order to survive in their jobs. As I mentioned before, high-rank martial artists also should, at least, taste the feeling of being at risk, and deal with it quite well.

There are levels of training / learning. Choose yours. :)

Latest Discussions