So it is possible to tell if a defense is good or not!

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
To everyone who replied in my other thread about how to deal with a hook, who said "ah you can't say this
only from watching it, there are sooo many things to consider"....

Check this out. Boztepe demonstrates what's good and what's bad!

Go to 25:20!

Basically what I draw from this is that if it's complicated it's not real wing chun.
The less contacts, the better.

Try to get to his face to crush it with as little deflections as possible. This makes sense.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To everyone who replied in my other thread about how to deal with a hook, who said "ah you can't say this

Basically what I draw from this is that if it's complicated it's not real wing chun.

Try to get to his face to crush it with as little deflections as possible. This makes sense.
That is one answer, for one situation. There are situations where that's not the right answer, and many other answers, as well.

If you don't want to listen to us, why ask?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes it is possible to tell. See my post in your other thread about chun and boxing.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score

At 36:26 he makes what is the most important statement;
“it looks easy but is very difficult” and follows it with “exercise, exercise, exercise”.

He is saying, it is not easy to do and takes a lot of practice.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

And you know real wing chun because you've trained in wing chun, right?

And you also know that the less contact, the better because you've trained MA before too, right?

Any idea how the Olympic judo players can most effectively adapt their sport skills to the streets? I'm sure you watched some and know enough to criticize them.

Please tell us more, master debater.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Emin is good. But what does it matter. His EBMAS instructors don't teach cheap. And even if they did, you would never commit to training ...so please go away. :)

Red Sun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do you have dreams of being a warrior of justice one day, if you just watch the right videos and study the right subjects?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The guy in that clip (at 25.41, 26.03) said, "if your opponent grabs your arm with both hands, you just punch him with the other hand". He did not address the following situation:

When you use both hand to grab your opponent's arm (usually one hand on the wrist joint, one hand on the elbow joint). you want to drag his arm "across" his body and let his leading arm to jam his own back arm. At the same time, you move into your opponent's "side door" and then move behind him. It's called "arm drag" in wrestling.

Just look at the following "arm drag" clip. When your opponent does that to you, it's not that easy to punch out your free back hand.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you have dreams of being a warrior of justice one day, if you just watch the right videos and study the right subjects?

You know if i ever went to Seattle i would have to do at least one night shift with phonex jones.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Did you seriously watch a 44 minute video on this...yeah there are sooo many things to consider want to know how you'll learn them? Get your **** to a class

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The only real way to find out if a defense works is to run out on to the street, just after you learn it, and yell at strangers, "Come at me, Bro'". This will really tick the women off; so, it had better be good. :D

Red Sun

Green Belt
Reaction score
The only real way to find out if a defense works is to run out on to the street, just after you learn it, and yell at strangers, "Come at me, Bro'". This will really tick the women off; so, it had better be good. :D

This happens to me all the time when i run around in my boxing helmet and gloves practicing footwork on strangers as they walked down the street.

It really gets to me, y'know?

I mean, it's not like im hurting anyone. I dont see the problem :/ I guess it might be the 'FITE ME' t-shirt and tapout shorts?

...nah. :bear:

Latest Discussions