Chi Sau vs. The Flurry

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well its a bit like a plumber or something earning his qualifications , graduating from a trade school , and then when he goes to set up his business , the trade school says "Oh by the way we own that knowledge that we have taught you , its ours and you can't teach it to anyone else , and you can't set up your own business".
You can imagine what a plumber would say to that.

If these martial arts organizations are so protective of their intellectual property, they should have a non-compete clause in the initial waiver.

Imagine how that would go over.

OP
mook jong man

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
If these martial arts organizations are so protective of their intellectual property, they should have a non-compete clause in the initial waiver.

Imagine how that would go over.

They probably did in the case of mine , I think it was you couldn't leave and open your own school until you had reached the rank of 6th level.
Which is something like 20 years plus of continuous training.

But who joins up thinking they are one day going to become an instructor , I know I didn't.
It was more like I'll keep going to the gym and pumping iron and go to the Wing Chun a few nights a week and learn self defence.

Then slowly but surely over the years it worms its way into your life , if your not doing Wing Chun your thinking about it , you climb up the grades , become a junior instructor , and then a full instructor.

Next thing you know your teaching a bazillion classes a week at the school and spending more time there than what you do at home.

BloodMoney

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don't mix it up with random for this drill mate , save the random stuff for the more regular 4 corner drills or random arms.
This ones pretty much about just improving your raw hand speed and then attempting to control his arms when you can't keep up with his hands any more.
Your stock standard 4 corner drill pretty much goes , he punches , you do your Dai Sau and punch or your Chit Sau and punch , at normal speed there will be a slight pause before he punches again allowing you to comfortably complete your counter attack with both hands.

In this drill he starts off normally , LEFT HIGH , RIGHT HIGH , THEN LEFT LOW , RIGHT LOW with big looping punches then he goes faster and faster and gradually bringing his punching trajectories in tighter and tighter.
( the attacker still keeps the same sequence left , right ,left , right it just becomes a faster and tighter circle , till the punches all seem to be coming at once.)

Pretty soon you find yourself struggling to keep up the pace with the normal Dai Sau / Jit Sau counter attacks , its starting to get very messy and your in danger of being hit so you must go forward using your Chi Sau to try and get inside his arms , stick to and control both of them and then strike through.

I suppose you could say that at first we are using our visually based reflexes and once they start to fail because the action is becoming way to fast , then we must move forward and gain contact to rely on our touch based reflexes.

Ah yup I get you. Awesome, im gunna try this drill with some of the boys tomorrow night methinks, awesome

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
. . . . As far as Im concerned my former 'organization' may as well try to trademark the color blue. . . . .

Sounds like Paris Hilton, she's sueing some card company (like Hallmark or or one of those companies) for putting her so called trademark phrase 'That's Hot' on a greeting card. Stupid.

OP
mook jong man

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like Paris Hilton, she's sueing some card company (like Hallmark or or one of those companies) for putting her so called trademark phrase 'That's Hot' on a greeting card. Stupid.

Paris Hilton would be lucky to be able to spell 'That's Hot' I reckon.

Latest Discussions