Irresponsible "sparring"

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Have to pay for the game, system, TV, and electricity. Not to mention the risks of carpel tunnel syndrome, vision issues, epilepsy, and other risks.

Nah, no Tekken. Too expensive and risky.
Hmm pong maybe lol that might cost him 50p at a local arcade lol probably to expensive

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Check out this lunatic.

He's totally beating his training partner up all the time.

A few times his partner falls down and almost hits his head against the dummy!

He could have easily broken his neck.

Watching this stuff already makes me angry. What a jerk.

Sounds like they dubbed in a slap soundtrack like in the old kungfu movies. I hear a whole lot a slappy slap in the background.. I was hoping for some proper background music:D

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Nobody died. Nobody even came close to getting hurt. They could have stayed a little further away from the dummy, but that's easy to say in hindsight. As others said, this is just a demo to make the Sifu look badass.

That move where he grabs both wrists from behind and kicks the back looks super legit and high percentage. Of course the obvious counter from that grip is to do a front somersault in mid air and donkey kick the guy in the face as you spin.

OP
K

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Are you saying that this "sifu" who beats up the other guy isn't really good?

I thought that he must be very good cause he's so fast. And he also uses all kinds of kicks.

Does he suck in reality?

I'd really like to see a video where he gets beaten up by someone else. I think this guy gets off by
being able to beat up his partner for hours.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dude! It is a D....E....M....O....! :rolleyes:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am not a fan of flogging people in a demo either.

I don't think it really progresses either martial artist at that point.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of flogging people in a demo either.

I don't think it really progresses either martial artist at that point.
True, but the purpose of the demo isn't for either martial artist to progress. It's to convince potential students that the art and the instructor are badass and worthy of tuition money.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But if it's demo only then why does the other guy get beaten up all the time?

Because it is a demo... They aren't sparring, just doing a demonstration. No one is getting hurt, no one is really even getting hit. It's all fake. I also have some bad news for you about Kung Fu movies and Pro-Wrestling.

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
What's the deal with WT guys always going completely ballistic in demos? And what's with the uniforms? And why are they always so goddamn sloppy while beating each other up in pre-rehearsed demonstrations of all settings? And what's with the uniforms?

Serious question. I might be coming across as a bit rude but I'm not trying to rag on WT for the sake of ragging on WT, this has just been bugging the hell out of me for a long time.

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What did this guy do every time he went down? Get back up it shows he was never hurt once. Man just give up
You are totally wrong. I always get right back up after my sparring partner kicks me in the face multiple times. Face Blocks, they really work. zero damage points.

Red Sun

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't see the problem.
He has alot of self-control, and doesn't seriously injure his training partner.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sounds like they dubbed in a slap soundtrack like in the old kungfu movies. I hear a whole lot a slappy slap in the background.. I was hoping for some proper background music:D
Yakety Sax, between us connoisseurs. :D

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What's the deal with WT guys always going completely ballistic in demos? And what's with the uniforms? And why are they always so goddamn sloppy while beating each other up in pre-rehearsed demonstrations of all settings? And what's with the uniforms?

Serious question. I might be coming across as a bit rude but I'm not trying to rag on WT for the sake of ragging on WT, this has just been bugging the hell out of me for a long time.

You get the wrist lock brigade who do it as well.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have seen a few times where he fell down very close to the dummy. He could easily have broken his neck. This is irresponsible.

And why does he protect his head when he's on the ground? You see that he's afraid of being punched cause the other guy is insane
and obviously doesn't know that this is just sparring.
Its not sparring this is a weird chi sao with some guy going hard on a compliant student. Mate just delete your account

SaulGoodman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyone notice any similarities between the videos posted on this thread and the following?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You get the wrist lock brigade who do it as well.

Admittedly he has toned it down in his later videos. But a base rule for me is you don't tee off on a guy who isn't really defending themselves.

(Unless you are belt whipping them of course.)

Latest Discussions