Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am new to the forums and thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Christian, I am 23 and I live in Sydney, Australia.
I currently train in Gracie Jujitsu and Muay Thai/Lao Kick boxing.
I am looking to get out of the competitive field of BJJ and Muay thai and try a more lethal self defence system such as Krav Maga.
Is anyone else living in Australia ?
What is everones opinion of Krav Maga in the western world.

Nice to meet you all.
I will try my best to answer as many questions as possible.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Welcome. There was a guy, kman, who trains Krav in Australia, but he isn't active anymore.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
You're aware the founder of krav trained in sport styles? Judo, boxing, and wrestling are the arts that went into the development of krav, if you want good krav keep doing what you're doing and pick up a krav class every now and then to learn some street specific skills. You're not going to learn competant striking or grappling unless you train with an instructor that has a background in one of these arts.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. There was a guy, kman, who trains Krav in Australia, but he isn't active anymore.
I was just wondering whatever happened to K-man. He hasn't posted here since July,

We do have a number of other Australian members, but I don't think any of them are eager to help create killing machines.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're aware the founder of krav trained in sport styles? Judo, boxing, and wrestling are the arts that went into the development of krav, if you want good krav keep doing what you're doing and pick up a krav class every now and then to learn some street specific skills. You're not going to learn competant striking or grappling unless you train with an instructor that has a background in one of these arts.

But what did he do with those 'sport' skills? Imi Lichtenfeld Founder of Krav Maga | Krav Maga Global (KMG)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome and Hello !

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Time heals all wounds, as they Say. Hopefully he returns. Knew a lot about karate, among other things.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just wondering whatever happened to K-man. He hasn't posted here since July,

We do have a number of other Australian members, but I don't think any of them are eager to help create killing machines.
I'm hoping Chris notices these threads. Haven't read one of his posts in a while.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. I was in Sydney last summer after a seminar in Melbourne and I must say I love Sydney! :) As to your training look at the Filipino Martial Arts and Krav in your area. Go check out some classes and see if they are what you want!

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am new to the forums and thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Christian, I am 23 and I live in Sydney, Australia.
I currently train in Gracie Jujitsu and Muay Thai/Lao Kick boxing.
I am looking to get out of the competitive field of BJJ and Muay thai and try a more lethal self defence system such as Krav Maga.
Is anyone else living in Australia ?
What is everones opinion of Krav Maga in the western world.

Nice to meet you all.
I will try my best to answer as many questions as possible.

Hi Christian.

"A more 'lethal' self defence system"??? Hmm… not the way it works…

In terms of Krav itself, while there is the very military form taught to the IDF (Israeli Defence Force), what is taught to the vast majority outside of that is best classified as "civilian Krav Maga"… and has much of the more military-suited, lethal option methods removed (as well it should). What is left is a military flavoured combatives system… not too different to many others, really… and not any more "lethal" than anything else.

Damn straight we don't.

I'm hoping Chris notices these threads. Haven't read one of his posts in a while.

I'm always around…

Lethal ? In terms of defending myself or loved ones. Against Multiple attackers or weapons

Er… you do know what the word "lethal" means, yeah? You know, when you're understanding definitions and all… cause it's not anything to do with defending yourself, your loved ones, against multiple attackers, weapons, or anything else you have talked about…

Latest Discussions