Krav Maga vs Muay Thai

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fundamentals in my usage are things like good punching, solid protection (especially of the head), weight control, structural control of the attacker, etc.

I know you weren't aiming at an exhaustive list, but I'd toss out a few more so people get even more of the idea...

Things like not overbalancing on strikes, not overextending on a hope to connect, keeping your arms "within yourself" to the extent that you will always have more control over them than an opponent, generally attempting to keep your center slightly lower than your opponent until their balance/structure is critically disrupted then dropping the house on them, doing your utmost to stay out of the "line of fire" of their techniques, which generally means don't stand directly in front of your opponent when you can at all avoid it and so on and so forth. Some fundamentals are structural, some are movement-based, some are purely tactical.

And some are just good sense. Like "Don't go into a dojo and challenge the guy who opened it." Not only bad form, likely to end up with a bad outcome for one or many.

Latest Discussions