Interesting way to raise cash for olympic TKD

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. He justs needs the 15th room for his training room.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is a great business venture for sure but the Olympics does not need a gentleman club as a partner and niether does TKD.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a great business venture for sure but the Olympics does not need a gentleman club as a partner and niether does TKD.

He's doing it to take the burden off his parents and it is an honest trade. You have professional TKD competitors competing for countries like China which is dishonest but allowed. They are professional in thats all they do and the state pays for them.
The Olympics as a whole is a fairly disreputable organisation. It's certainly a very commercial one.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He's doing it to take the burden off his parents and it is an honest trade. You have professional TKD competitors competing for countries like China which is dishonest but allowed. They are professional in thats all they do and the state pays for them.
The Olympics as a whole is a fairly disreputable organisation. It's certainly a very commercial one.

I agree Tez but the IOC has a conduct rule for all players and this may violate it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree Tez but the IOC has a conduct rule for all players and this may violate it.

Well if their officials who decide which country gets the Olympics can accept all those very expensive 'gifts' they have no right to complain over what is just a legal business.
After watching two British competitors (there may have been more but I was only watching the British) being cheated out of their chances for a gold medal in TKD by the judges and the behaviour of the Cuban I think no one has the right to say this young man is acting wrongly.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well if their officials who decide which country gets the Olympics can accept all those very expensive 'gifts' they have no right to complain over what is just a legal business.
After watching two British competitors (there may have been more but I was only watching the British) being cheated out of their chances for a gold medal in TKD by the judges and the behaviour of the Cuban I think no one has the right to say this young man is acting wrongly.

Tez I agree with you, but I am not the IOC. I believe in free interprize so no agreement from me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have people here campaigning to get MMA into the Olympics and the rest of us are shouting louding NO! the ones shouting loudest are the Judo and TKD people!

Latest Discussions