I saw the craziest thing in a Bar...

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I used to get stuffed toys for my daughter all the time from one of the crane machines at a Safeway. Now, most of the machines have wimpy arms that won't hold onto anything.

The Lobster thing sounds brilliant. I'd want to try it just for the novelty, the challenge. Someone else would get to eat the lobster though.

I grew up eating crabs from the creek behind our house (Deep Creek - the name comes from George Washington saying, "My, this is a Deep Creek.") I also used to love lobster. No more. When I was pregnant with morning sickness, I could only eat beef. My husband made a statement that crabs had to be in the arachnid family because they had eight legs just like spiders. Then, he casually said lobsters were just sea-going roaches. I haven't had either since before I was pregnant, over 19 years ago.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Part of the thing that was weird, besides the novelty of the *game*, is that I can't imagine PRP serving lobster. They're not exactly your upscale place.

I agree... BUT... their food is pretty good. So who knows.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I used to get stuffed toys for my daughter all the time from one of the crane machines at a Safeway. Now, most of the machines have wimpy arms that won't hold onto anything.

The Lobster thing sounds brilliant. I'd want to try it just for the novelty, the challenge. Someone else would get to eat the lobster though.

I grew up eating crabs from the creek behind our house (Deep Creek - the name comes from George Washington saying, "My, this is a Deep Creek.") I also used to love lobster. No more. When I was pregnant with morning sickness, I could only eat beef. My husband made a statement that crabs had to be in the arachnid family because they had eight legs just like spiders. Then, he casually said lobsters were just sea-going roaches. I haven't had either since before I was pregnant, over 19 years ago.
Your hubby should get a :btg: just for saying that. What a terrible thing to say. Shame on you for letting that get to ya. :rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster Lobsters are invertebrates and are found all over the world. They have a hard protective exoskeleton. Like most arthropods, lobsters must molt in order to grow, leaving them vulnerable during this time. During the molting process, several species may experience a change in color.
Try 'em again Lynn... try 'em again

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, if Tuna is "Chicken of the Sea" why cant Lobsters be the "Cockroaches of the Sea?"

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
(Deep Creek - the name comes from George Washington saying, "My, this is a Deep Creek.")
How creative. Not too far from me is Hancock, NY; named after George Washington.... well, you get the idea...

:uhyeah:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ever eated a steamed roach? :barf:

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Your hubby should get a :btg: just for saying that. What a terrible thing to say. Shame on you for letting that get to ya. :rolleyes:
Try 'em again Lynn... try 'em again
Well, when you are pregnant...when I was puking, I thought about roaches and spiders.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Gotta destroy those Jim Stafford records of yours... :lol:
Ah, novelty songs...I used to love that song, "Spiders and Snakes?" "That's what it takes to llove me, oooo, ooo...." I used to have a crush on Jim Stafford.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah, novelty songs...I used to love that song, "Spiders and Snakes?" "That's what it takes to llove me, oooo, ooo...." I used to have a crush on Jim Stafford.
ohhh-kay :rolleyes: DON'T destroy those records...heh...

Personally I always like Wild Wood Weed and that perennial favorite "I Got Stoned and I Missed It" ... but Momma Sang Bass was a good 'un too. :uhyeah: