I saw the craziest thing in a Bar...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know those Skill Crane machines? The ones where you put in a quarter and win (if you are lucky) a stuffed animal?

Yeah. I saw one of those full of Live Lobsters. And you tried to catch a lobster. And if you did, they would cook him for you.

WTF?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know those Skill Crane machines? The ones where you put in a quarter and win (if you are lucky) a stuffed animal?

Yeah. I saw one of those full of Live Lobsters. And you tried to catch a lobster. And if you did, they would cook him for you.

WTF?
I'm surprised the PETA Nazis aren't all over this... :idunno:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As if lobsters aren't spendy enough, ya gotta waste your money on game crane **** that never werks and ...

oh ... I haven't had enough to drink, have I? :uhyeah:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno if I'd want to eat lobster in a bar, anyway...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

WTF?
Once while playing the skill crane(s) I managed to get 3 stuffed toys in a row from three different machines, I even managed to get two toys (different machine, different time) in one grab... I doubt that I'd have the same luck with live lobsters... unless they were jam packed in the holding bin and they could barely move.
I think those machines are rigged to grab and hold something after X # of dollars have been put in, been times where I've played one and the claw dropped and didn't even close to grab. Ticked me off something fierce I'll tell ya, punched the plexiglass (was in a bad mood anyway that day) and cracked it.

How much do they charge per play to grab one of those lobsters anyway?
Surely not .50 cents or even a dollar?

Wonder if I could get this gal to crawl up in and grab a few?? Provided I could sneak her into the bar of course :uhyeah:
[yt]Z9YAP42iAl8[/yt]

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wonder if I could get this gal to crawl up in and grab a few?? Provided I could sneak her into the bar of course :uhyeah:
[yt]Z9YAP42iAl8[/yt]

Only if she has scuba gear on, it was full of water...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Only if she has scuba gear on, it was full of water...
Ahh, just give her a garden hose, a pair of goggles and teach her how to breathe outta that... simple... :lol:
Besides they'd have to have something for the creature to fall into after the claw grabs them... that's gotta be dry so to get it doesn't it?
Trying to envision how it all works... heh.
How much did they charge per play anyway?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think those machines are rigged to grab and hold something after X # of dollars have been put in,

I've read or heard that somewhere. If you want to really increase your chances of winning at the crane game you have to observe and find the frequency. Once you have the frequency then count the plays to the next win.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ahh, just give her a garden hose, a pair of goggles and teach her how to breathe outta that... simple... :lol:
Besides they'd have to have something for the creature to fall into after the claw grabs them... that's gotta be dry so to get it doesn't it?
Trying to envision how it all works... heh.
How much did they charge per play anyway?

It was 5 bucks for 3 plays.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've read or heard that somewhere. If you want to really increase your chances of winning at the crane game you have to observe and find the frequency. Once you have the frequency then count the plays to the next win.

I'm gonna call that a rumor. Reason being, I have a small collection fo Coin-op devices and was looking at a Crane for my Rec-room, and no where in the manual was there info on adjusting the frequency like on say my slot machines. Maybe on some models...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

WTF?

I know! I saw that too a few weeks ago. (MTM at PRB) Pretty wild.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hopefully this won't cross over to a steak house :D
Well if the steaks are individually wrapped and kept in a 30 degree temperature and where the claw can grab 'em easy (via handle or a loop) then hey... might get a $25.00 steak for only 5 bucks! :uhyeah:

I'd buy THAT for a dollar!