I planed to leave my city, be aware (this is a serious topic)

Drunken_Boxer

Orange Belt
Reaction score
First of all I dont know where to put this topic so I decided here, because I had an green belt in tkd, this is a serious topic, please dont post rubbish things, I didnt talked to my parents, neither to my friends, I dont have to.
Please dont curse, dont laugh, no spam etc..
Thanks.

I got so many problems now, I dont know where to start, really.
Im sooo close to leave my town and to end up like a "psycho guy" or better to say to end up like an "retarted guy".

I work in my internet club, it belongs to my father. We got 13 computers, 5 ps2 and 2 ps3 (playstation).
Its simple, you want to play 1 hour=1 euro, 20minutes=50cent if you want to play dunno games like warcraft, counter strike, kalonline, internet and more.
1 hour=2 euro if you want to play on a ps3.
The problem is, people are not taken this internet and the rules to seriously, everybody are like "they can do what they want" like:
1. sreaming 2. cursing 3. stomping 4. sometimes they threw joysticks 5. sometimes they slap the monitor
I talked sooo many times to my father. "Father I cant work here anymore, its kinda hard to calm people down who are older then me, i talked to them, but nobody is listening, you need to warn some people to not come here anymore".
He was like "Son I dont know what to do anymore, you know how they are, you cant never talk friendly to a jerk, and we are so good with them, we know everybody here, we just cant change the rules, then nobody would come here, then what? How would we survive if we sold this inet club, or if we close it?"
It goes like this, everybody here playin pro evolution soccer 2008 on ps3 or even on a ps2, if someone shoot a goal, they begin to scream like "ronaalldoo, robinjoo" lolol xD etc., it really goes to my nerves when they scream, not only to me, to other people, I cant calm them down, because im 20, they are like 30+, they thoughts are like "im older, i can do what ever i want, it belongs not to him, it belongs to hes father".

Im really so depressed, mad, angry, Im outta control, I know Im weak, Im trying to be fearless, to fix my problems with my fists and legs...but its not the good reason to do this...not good.
Im soooo close to do somethin what I never done before.
To leave my town, to go in the mountains for like 2-3 months.
I need a break, i really need it, i talked so many times with my father, but he is not listening.
I stoped to train alone because of my problems, I dont eat well, I only sleep at the day, I work 13 hours per day. Thats from 7pm to 8 am in the morning.
My thoughts are to leave my city and go to the mountains, just there.
I will train everyday sooo hard, so hard, I know it will be not easy, i will miss my parents, my friends...(true friends).

People, I really need a good advice how to survive in the mountain or even forest, whatever, I know where to go.
I need to know your thoughts about my problem, how can I fix it, I dont want to be a calmless guy, I want to become fearless...to unlock my power inside my body, I know Im strong but I dont show it to everyone.

I didnt talked to my parents, friends, dont want to, they wouldnt understand it, my father just cannot understand me, I dont know what to say anymore...its just unbelievable.
Im young, yes I am, but its kinda hard to work with idiots, cant take this **** anymore.
Please leave a comment....Thank you.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish I could give you some good advice, alas I cannot...I have done the leaving town thing but went only as far as Fla...2 months of sitting on the beach and smelling the ocean air did wonders....I wish you well...

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There comes a time in every sons/daughters life that they should/must venture out on their own. You have now reached and perhaps gone past that point. You will find that the world is full of jerks and self centered people. Your training is just that, "your training".........use it to make yourself as good a person as you can. Every person should stand accountable for their own actions. Through your training, you allow yourself to rise above the mundane attitudes of the masses and stand strong with a firm belief in yourself. Step back, take a deep breath and focus on what's best for you and then proceed with the determination that goes along with your training.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish I could give you some good advice, alas I cannot...I have done the leaving town thing but went only as far as Fla...2 months of sitting on the beach and smelling the ocean air did wonders....I wish you well...

I agree we all need a break once in a while good luck

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to hire a bouncer or security person...If a few people get tossed out for abusing the equipment the word WILL get out and it will stop...The yelling and screaming are gonna be hard to silence and harder to enforce... I was a bouncer when "Foosball" was the in thing, you wouldn't believe the noise these idiots made...I managed to stop the cussing and that's all...Is there a Code of Conduct posted??? Might me an idea worth looking into...My 2 cents...

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My opinion....

don't leave the city to head for the mountains. Instead, leave your current job and do something else. I know it is hard when you work for Dad, you feel like if you leave it is letting him down. But (from personal experience) you have to look at your "dad" and your "employer" as two different people. Sit down with your boss and explain to him why you don't feel like working there is the best thing for you anymore. The issues you have with working there are known to your father (according to your post) but he doesn't want to do anything about them. That is fine, it is his business. He is not changing things up to make it easier on you as his son. He is treating you as an employee and making the decision he wants to make- which is his right completely! In the same way, look at this job like any other job. If it wasn't your dad's place I am sure you would have left already. You should leave this job now and find something else before you ruin your personal relationship with your father. It might be hard initially- but your current plan of going to the mountains sill means you have to return to civilization at some point and get a new job. Just skip the mountain part and get a new job now- start feeling productive and good about yourself again. I bet it makes a world of difference.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drunken Boxer,

You are a young man and you are frustrated with the world around you. I think many of us as young men or young women have felt that way at least once, some of us have felt that way many times.

There is one bit of advice that I have for you. Instead of going to the woods or the mountains...please, please, please...beg....borrow...steal (well, maybe not steal) but do anything you can to see if you can go to a University and get some more education. You sound very intelligent. You write very well. Your English is fantastic. I don't know what the future holds for you but I am sure that you will have something new to look forward to in the coming years.

Hang in there my friend. You have all of us here on Martial Talk cheering for you :)

OP
Drunken_Boxer

Drunken_Boxer

Orange Belt
Reaction score
People...thank you very much for the nice comments, ahh,, I really appreciate that, and that you all spend some time to leave a post...Im goin to cry hehehe, nahh :)

Ok, damn it is kinda a hard decision to leave my internet club that belongs to my father.Listen now.
I talked once to my father about the problem that we have in this internet club.He wants me to accept an inheritance.
Once a time he will left us, or better to say "die", so he wants that when Im gettin older that I will own this internet club....I dont want that, cant agree with hes statement.
I dont want to work here forever till I die lol...I dont want that ****.
When I said that to him, he was like "WTF, are you crazy, god damn, I have a stupid son, Oh God why why, what will you do then?Ha? You want to go to the university to study somethin?You are too lazy for that and you know that, you cant just leave your own inet club".
I was really mad at him, but in some ways...ah, yeah, hes right.
This is not America, this is a very poor country, Im from Bosnian & Herzegowina if yall didnt noticed it.
Now if I quit my job...then what, its not easy for me to look for somethin else what I love, what I like.First of all, I want to become an stuntman, there are nooo stunt schools in this country.
But....I stoped to train alone like one month ago, but Im still in a good shape hehehe, but no condition, yep.
I dunno, need to think about my problem again, its kinda hard for me, a hard decision to quit my job.
Damnnn this world is not fair.

To Drac: Nahh I dont need a bounce or an bodybuilder, thanks again for your post my bro.I want to become fearless, and thats how I decided to leave my city and going straight to the mountain

To Carol Kaur: Hey that was a sweet post, thank you very much heheh

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I feel with you.

However.

Leaving civilization for the mountains is not going to help.

You work long hours in a shift that grinds on the strongest nerves (my husband work hours like that, it's tough!) You don't like the work environment, those are things that can make you sick.

So, you will have to make changes. which, only you can decide for yourself.

You will have to talk with your father, as the business owner. Either changes are made or you will have to leave. I like the idea of the bouncer. Just because they pay you a couple of bucks they do not own the joint, and if they don't behave they will have to leave.Usually a friendly atmosphere is much more successful in business then loud and obnoxious 'customers' that ruin the climate. "Feel like home, but don't behave like it" the common motto in my family when we have guests.

You sound like you are over due for a vacation, too. if you pack a backpack and explore the world or find yourself a trainer and offer blood sweat and tears to the gods of martial arts, what ever floats your boat. There is a reason why trades men went on a yearlong journey after finishing their studies. There is much to see beyond the edge of your plate.

So, do not dispair. You are the master of your fortune. You will not get around having 'the talk' with your friends and family. maybe some of your friends are willing to share your adventure.

Latest Discussions