I passed my Gold Sash Test!!

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I just started at the beginning of the month and I am now a gold sash!! Not bad for just two weeks of training! Sifu said that I had crisp and strong form when I doing my material! Go me! :boing1:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Go you indeed, masherdon! :)

Congratulations on your rapid progress in your art!

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS! That first promo in a new art is the sweetest. Good on ya'. :highfive:

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just started at the beginning of the month and I am now a gold sash!! Not bad for just two weeks of training! Sifu said that I had crisp and strong form when I doing my material! Go me! :boing1:
congratulations man. what's the gold sash anyway?

i used to get excited about promotion but now the more i go up the more i realize i dont know anything and that there are more and more people who can kick the living poop out of my buttocks

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
congratulations man. what's the gold sash anyway?

It is the equivalent to a yellow belt.

Now, I am just lacking a few items for Orange sash. I need to learn 6 sets of what we call 3-Directionals. Once that is done, I will be ready for orange.

Hmm, is this normal for someone who has a black belt in another ranking to move this fast in a new system?

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It is the equivalent to a yellow belt.

Now, I am just lacking a few items for Orange sash. I need to learn 6 sets of what we call 3-Directionals. Once that is done, I will be ready for orange.

Hmm, is this normal for someone who has a black belt in another ranking to move this fast in a new system?

dont rush. the trick is not to only know them but the trick to chinese martial arts is excessive repetition which will lead to perfection. Your 3-directionals should result in better everything else, so do not rush too much. take your time.
as for your question i guess you can either be bored with people of lower level, or you can move up quickly. People who are bored with people of lower levels tend to learn more/better. you get to touch hands with inexperienced stiff people which will teach you more sensetivity and will, in turn, improve your mantis

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
dont rush. the trick is not to only know them but the trick to chinese martial arts is excessive repetition which will lead to perfection. Your 3-directionals should result in better everything else, so do not rush too much. take your time.

Not really rushing. Most of the material I have from my previous arts. All of the self defense techniques were very similar to kenpo and kajukenbo. The only thing new are the 3-directionals and I have 2 months from now to learn the six sets. I learned the first two yesterday and they were not that hard. Just having my hands cranked to shape the mantis hook really felt weird. I always want to do a crane's beak instead. Oh well, thanks for your input.

Latest Discussions