how many of you have gotten into a street fight?

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by KennethKu
You speak for yourself very well there.

I'll be the first to admit that I have issues. I just don't pretend that I don't and play make believe that martial arts are about giving the world a Coke and teaching it to sing in perfect harmony.

OP
J

JDenz

Ya alot of the people I have encountered in the martial arts have had issues. Actully alot of people on this forum have issues myself included.

OP
N

Nyoongar

Yeah.

I joined martial arts because I was very violent. Now after several years of training I couldn't hurt a fly.:D

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
ALL human beings have potentially violent issues. A Martial Artist is a human being who has a better opportunity to see and realize this, through introspection in training, and do something to properly control it in themselves and others.

white belt

OP
N

Nyoongar

It's like I now understand my true capabilities and I am very frightened of unleashing such terrrible things upon someone.

OP
J

JDenz

I didn't mean issues like that I mean issues about getting along with othre people, issues with religion, issues with training.

OP
B

bob919

gouronin, i dont know if your joking or what but my prolem with guns is that it makes it to easy to kill and more importantly; to easily to get killed someone can kil you from almost a kilometre away and you could die instantly not even seeing the face of your killer.

Before guns were invented usually less than 10000 would die in a war but now its often over 500000. Guns are too much power for anybody

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by bob919
Before guns were invented usually less than 10000 would die in a war but now its often over 500000. Guns are too much power for anybody

Populations were rising too--I'm not sure that it's that simple.

OP
J

JDenz

Good point. Todays wars involve alot more people. Not only that Guns usally offer a quicker kill then dieing because your insides fell out and you just lay there waiting to die.

OP
G

GouRonin

gouronin, i dont know if your joking or what but my prolem with guns is that it makes it to easy to kill and more importantly; to easily to get killed someone can kil you from almost a kilometre away and you could die instantly not even seeing the face of your killer. Before guns were invented usually less than 10000 would die in a war but now its often over 500000. Guns are too much power for anybody

Guns and knives are simply tools. You use combustion concepts every day when you drive your car and turn on the electrical lights. More specifically guns are often used to hunt for food and eat. Knives are even more and every day tool. From cutting with scissors to eating.

If you live in fear of the tools you have that's just silly. Respect tools but don't fear them. Guns and knives and the ideas they work on are not killing tools only.

Wes Idol

Green Belt
Reaction score
My first instructor found me in a troubled life and quickly help guide me into the life I have today. Since my youth I had created much discord due to my choices of response to my external and internal environment. Although, life still went on. I have avoided many bloody altercations by swallowing my pride or calling people's bluff. Because of my past choices to do bodyguard and doorman work, those opportunities did come up.

Happily I can say that training curbs my addiction to violence.

Respectfully,

WI, HI
UKS

OP
B

bob919

guns are made to kill people or animals in general society you do not need to hunt for food and if you do you probably dont live in popualated areas, knives however are tools aswell as weapons
i love knives but i think having a gun is too much power cause they can kill so easily you cannot possibly say the world is a better place with guns than without them.
and basically is someone has gun pointed at your head you can do nothing

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Good point! If someone breaks in my house, and my wife and baby are in danger, a gun pointed at their head means they "can do nothing". I LIKE THAT! Going to the range THIS weekend! You wouldn't be one of those motivational speaker guys by any chance? :) pow! :) pow!

white belt

OP
G

GouRonin

you cannot possibly say the world is a better place with guns than without them.

I can...I will...and I did.

God created all men but it was Samual Colt who made them equal.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Ghost
I have gotten into street fights and killed many people but thanks to my superior fighting skills i have always won

I'm sorry did he say killed.......:(

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't believe Ghost was serious. I think it's called "Dark Humor". The road kill pizza concept of shock humor for people who take themselves and these discussions too seriously (?). :)

white belt

p.s.
I need a flashlight! Anybody there? (Dark Humor)

OP
M

Master of Blades

I guessed........but that **** aint funny, even if it is proving a point to those involved......:shrug:

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, nowadays someone could be stackin' 'em up in a cellar somewhere and then get on a chat room with people THINKING he's joking. Not my cup of tea. Glad I study self defense!

white belt

OP
B

bob919

i agree a gun is good in a defensive situation but i ddont mean 1 gun i mean all gunsimagineif the people who try to hurt your kids had guns they wouldn't even have to enter your house to kill them they could get killed and you wouldn't know who killed them

I live in england so hand guns are illegal (meaning sensible responsible cant get them but crimnals can ) but i am not saying guns should become illegal i am not even agaisnt the ownership of them as they can be valuable defense, i am thinking in philosophical way 'what if guns never existed' - noone would have a gun and no one would be shooting each other i thnk it would be a better place. We all have our own views

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If I lived someplace where guns are against the law, I too would be pissed knowing there are thugs running around with an advantage. Heart attacks kill more people than thugs w/guns per year. I think the human heart is a dangerous thing if not cared for properly. Obese people, who drive cars, are endangering the people who are fit. Fred has a chest grabber while Mommy Ten Kids is going through an intersection. Mass murder! Fried bacon doesn't kill people....forks do!!:) I know, when was the last time someone got held up while looking down a package of fried bacon? GIVE ME YOUR WALLET! DON'T MAKE ME FEED YOU!!:) It is my hope that the handgun laws, where you are, change to allow you the option of having one for your personal protection.

Over here, in the good ol' U.S.A., we have a type of person called a redneck or hillbilly. There is a long standing problem where a hillbilly loses his temper and commits a "Brickin'". I have a long line of stone masons going all the way back to Scotland 200+ years ago. It is my understanding that the self defense of the brick started with the many bricklayers and masons who had one at arms reach when an unruly type attacked. Around the region of Kentucky and West Virginia, you will still hear of the occasional "Brickin'", on the news, to this day. It is a vanishing art.

A funny story: My Grandpa, (1869-1956) was laying brick, on the outskirts of a small town, back in the 40's. Someone was coming by at night and vandalizing the work site. He decided to setup a tent and stay there at night hoping to catch the butthole/s responsible. Well, in town there was a local who would brawl with anybody at the drop of a hat. Some misguided youths, that my Grandpa earlier had "words" with, gave Mr. Bully $5.00 to give Grandpa "the business". BIG mistake. The man decided to go see my Grandpa at night so as to get the drop on him. Word has it that some people who lived nearby heard some screaming and howling, at the worksite, in the darkness. They ran over to see what the problem was. Lo and behold, there was my 70 something Grandpa, mounted on young Mr. Bully, GIVIN' HIM A BRICKIN'!!!!:):):) The young ($5.00) financiers made themselves very scarce until Grandpa finished his job, the Bully's hats fit a little differently, the Bully could now predict the weather with his headaches and provided a constructive service for the community and Grandpa had no more problems with vandles. A happy ending, don't you think? I am direct lineage of the art of "BRICK DO" (c). According to news reports, (Brickin's), there are some who would claim that they are the true masters. But we know the real story don't we? Soon bricks may be outlawed. Wouldn't you like to learn the art of "BRICK DO" (c) before its too late? Remember, bricks don't clobber people, GRANDPA DOES!!!:)

Have a great weekend,
white belt

Latest Discussions