How many of you have a spiritual connection to your MA

kempocat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
because of martial arts I have experienced what I define as a GOD given experience that not many are willing to talk about and few have felt does it make a spiritual connection I say yes it has held my interest for several years
PLEASE
the below note is just my experience it is NOT an attempt to convince anyone of anything or to start a debate

hello I hope you are doing well
my name is Keith and several years ago I read a book called empty force claiming it is possible to push a person with no phyical contact I laughed it off then I noticed that the masters sr. student was living on the west coast of florida at the time so I arranged to meet with him and asked for a demo here are the results he did not push me over but I did feel the pressure of a push he also demonstrated a non contact pushing pressure on my palms it was all very slight however I was impressed that a person could project anything another person could feel without touch before I left him he showed me some standing meditation I could practice to develop my own abilitys here is the results of my own investigation
after 6 months of meditation practice I felt a magnetic repelling warm force between my palms I tryed to explain it away as stiff joints or my amagination but after experimenting with my own abilitys for several years here is the conclusions I have come to 1. yes the pushing force is real but I have not been able to effect any non living object with this force 2. in my case I have been able to have others feel this slight push but it could NEVER be strong enough to be used in a fight and I have not proved that it has any healing benifits however this force seems to be at its strongest when I am calm and feeling well 3. I believe it is just how our bodys work for lack of a better term it is a bio electrical field or chi / mana / prana or all the other words that are tossed around in a mystical way we have it when we live and it is gone when we die the stronger it is the better we feel
summery: I always investigate before dismising the fantastic in this case I find that their is some truth to this books claims but my personal experiences have not proven to be as powerful as his claims and his demo on me only proved to me that a non contact force could be felt from one person to another
I thought you might find it interesting that I took the time to investigate this subject over a very long period of years
your results may vari

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
many people took it like i meant do they intertwind catholic islamic christian views with there ma , no ! i meant more like more like ma is your soul mate in life and theres something you can explain that drives the 2 of you together :angel:
I CAN'T explain it. It just feels right.

For me, it's not about the training, the workout, the mindset, the combat. That's part of it, but only a very small part. I will say that I've never been happier than when I was training.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think I would need a clearer definition of 'spiritual'. I think if the term 'spiritual' is being equated to religion then I would be uncomfortable with an enforced overlap between it and my martial art. Likewise the term 'spiritual' seems to have been commandeered by the contemplators and the meditators. While these are no doubt 'spiritual' activities, I think the term 'spiritual' can also be used synonymously with a kind of physical and mental enlightenment if you will. And so yes, I think there is a place for the advancement of the self in all arts. Used *in that sense* I think the term 'spiritual' works ok for me.

By making ourselves aware of what we can achieve, I think that makes good *personal* spiritual sense to me and but then I am using my own definition of the term.

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna
What she said!

Anything that you do can be as spiritual as you want to make it. One can go to worship in whatever setting their religion has and if they go and daydream the whole time, then was it really spiritual?

Honestly, I think that people overcomplicate this.

If I go to learn a martial art that has roots in Shinto philosophy, I am not worried that I might be somehow spiritually altered by my contact with this religion that differs from my own.

By the same token, I do not worry that if I go to practice kendo that unless there is some overt spiritual element that I am somehow not getting all that I can get from the art.

If one feels a lack of spiritual connection, they should look at themselves, not their martial art.

Daniel