Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The CSA and Reoublic of Texas are not recognised countries in any way shape or form. The dillusion that 'The South will Rise Again' is a load of crap. Most of the Old South is too heavily dependent on the rest of the US. Texas simply wouldn't be able to sustain itself for any length of time if it were to become independent of the US. It'll come crawling back like it already has.
And yet you missed commenting on the Conch Republic.

I said depending on how you count, and the Republic of Texas had recognition at one time. Also, I can get a Republic of Texas and a Conch Republic passport. Haven't found a CSA one yet though I'm sure they exist. LOL. I'll ignore the rest of your ignorance as this is a light hearted thread and I am gassy from much lobster and fine dining this past week.

I look forward to visiting the Kingdom of Hawaii in the next year or so as well. ;)
(They, like the RoT and CR also issue passports, though of course the US doesn't recognize them.)

I've also been to 44% of the US. Before I exit this plane of existence, I want to visit it all, and all of Canada. :)

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sorry but for those of us outside of the USA...
What or where is the "Conch Republic" ?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Switzerland, England, Scottland, Wales, North and South Ireland, East and West Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Morocco, Algeria, Mexico, Canada and pretty much every state in the continental US. Have not made it to Hawaii or Alaska yet.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
US
Mexico
Honduras
Costa Rica
Panama
Ecuador
United Kingdoms (England, Scotland)
Germany
Austria
Yugoslavia (now Serbia and Croatia)
Hungary
Italy
Greece
Thailand
Hong Kong (pre re-unification with China)
Japan
New Zealand

Since then I've let my passport lapse and haven't been out of the continental US for about 8 years.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Every province and one territory of Canada.
Quite a bit of travel in the US.
A couple of trips to Mexico.

Everything else is for retirement.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are we confining ourselves to our particular solar system or even galaxy?

The people of Toronto think that they and their city are the centre of the Universe, so really outside of a multiverse, there's really not many more places to go....

:lfao:

Yeah, you're right. But then there's that saying, "See Guelph, then die."

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Japan, Spain, Andorra, Mexico, and Canada. Puerto Rico too...but I don't feel like arguing over whether its a country or not. Andorra, either, for that matter.

8 hours in Germany stuck at Frankfurt Airport, if that counts. I was stunned at the draft beer they served at the airport...I hated it. The selections were all these rather light Pilsners that were disappointingly bland.

My boss has said that I'm "slated to visit Colombia in 2-3 months" for the last....oh....2+ years. :lol:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Born in Australia and visited:
Japan, Thailand, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Morocco, Spain (Does Gibralta count as extra?), Turkey, France, Germany, Austria, England (including Northern Ireland and Wales), Republic of Ireland, United Arab Emirates, Canada and the good ole US of A.
Okinawa next April to train.
icon10.gif

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well you can count Ireland as the two countries it is lol! The only times I've been in Ireland they've been trying to harm me.

I was never in N Ireland, only the south. They were utterly kind and charming to me. They hated my English husband.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
USA, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France, Saudi Arabia, China, Hong Kong, Portugal (The Azores specifically), Japan (if you count layovers)

I would love to go get back to Europe and drink some beer in Belgium. :)

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
12 countries besides the US, if you count Okinawa and Japan as 2 (which I do).
So do the few Okinawans I know....but not in front of the Japanese :wink2:

USA
Japan
Chile
Peru (one day)
Bolivia (if you count a layover at the airport)

Grew up 90 minutes south of Detroit, and I`ve never been to Canada

Korppi76

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am not sure I remember all but I have been:
Finland, Estonia, Sweden, Denmark, German, France, England, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Japan, USA, Bulgaria, Canada, Netherlands.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K-man, Gibraltar is very much separate from Spain, it's a British Dependancy. My other half was there when he was in the RAF, he couldn't go to Spain as the Spanish had closed the border between the two countries, it's not that long been opened. He's been to more countries than I have, including the Falklands and was in the first Gulf war in the seventies (Oman 1962-76) which the Allies won btw. When he went to Cyprus they were shooting at him as well (1975/6), he's a nice guy though, honestly! My shift partner is worse, he was in Aden and Malaya during the fighting as well as Falklands.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You still have to do pushups.
I have to wait til my tummy goes down from the cruise swelling before I can do pushups. I'll do wobbles though. ;)

Countries I want to visit - England, Scotland, Bermuda, Jamaica, Belize, Italy, Greece, Egypt, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China.

Latest Discussions