How many countries?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have now been to 3 to 6 different countries, depending on how you count them.

US, Canada, CSA, Texas, Conch Republic and Mexico. ;)

Hows about you?

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Born in the US, traveled to or lived briefly in: England, Ireland, France, Mexico, Costa Rica, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Japan.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Crikey Jenny, you've gotten around!

I've been relatively untravelled but can pad my list a bit:

England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, America, Canada, Spain

America I can only count for the best part of a day I spent at Chicago O'hare, Ireland I went to when I was only a year or so old and Spain because that is where I was conceived :lol:.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
All over Canada, all over the US, all over Northern Ireland and Scotland.
But I have a list a mile long of places I WANT to go...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
12 countries besides the US, if you count Okinawa and Japan as 2 (which I do).

Mexico
Canada
Fiji
Pago-Pago (American Samoa)
Australia
Okinawa
Japan
Peoples Republic of China
South Korea
Germany
Brazil
The Philippines

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Cornwall, Channel Islands, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein,Switzerland, Monaco, Cyprus and a couple of other places which shall be nameless due to them real dumps lol!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
US, Canada, Japan, China, Harvard University Campus....

oops.... sorry my mistake the Harvard campus would be another world, not another country :D

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
US, Canada, Japan, China, Harvard University Campus....

oops.... sorry my mistake the Harvard campus would be another world, not another country :D

Yeah, I want to go back and add one country for the times I've visited the People's Republic of Boulder, Colorado.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been to Wales to, but I always forget to separate it from England. Oops.

That's not a good thing to do, they'll come and burn your house down!
Very much a separate country, has it's own language and own government! Besides it adds to your total of countries visited lol! If you've been to the Isle of Man that's another country to add.

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can I count California, or does that count as another planet?

I have traveled to:

Singapore
China
England
France
Germany
The Netherlands
Switzerland
Japan
India

All for work, now I work at a place where 90% of my users are in the same building, kind of boring. I miss the traveling and meeting/learning other cultures.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are we confining ourselves to our particular solar system or even galaxy?

The people of Toronto think that they and their city are the centre of the Universe, so really outside of a multiverse, there's really not many more places to go....

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
That's not a good thing to do, they'll come and burn your house down!
Very much a separate country, has it's own language and own government! Besides it adds to your total of countries visited lol! If you've been to the Isle of Man that's another country to add.

Fortunately the Welsh seem to be an insular lot and they surely don't give a damn what I think. It is very beautiful, though. I loved Ireland. I was traveling with my husband of the time, and we went all the way across Ireland on the bus, stopping in Roscommon where a friend of mine was doing a historical archaeological dig. We then went to Connemara in Galway and took the ferry to Inisheer Island and camped on the beach right beneath that castle on the hill. We went for long walks around the island, encountering many sheep, and I once stopped for a pee and squatted right onto a thistle. :(

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fortunately the Welsh seem to be an insular lot and they surely don't give a damn what I think. It is very beautiful, though. I loved Ireland. I was traveling with my husband of the time, and we went all the way across Ireland on the bus, stopping in Roscommon where a friend of mine was doing a historical archaeological dig. We then went to Connemara in Galway and took the ferry to Inisheer Island and camped on the beach right beneath that castle on the hill. We went for long walks around the island, encountering many sheep, and I once stopped for a pee and squatted right onto a thistle. :(

Well you can count Ireland as the two countries it is lol! The only times I've been in Ireland they've been trying to harm me. The situation is only a little improved but bombs are still going off, people still dying, it just doesn't make the news any more.
The Welsh are very touchy about what people think about them, I've never found them insular rather I've found them defensive more than anything else after their terrible treatment at the hands of the English. They are a proud people have suffered greatly through the centuries for being Welsh. I guess the Welsh are easy to overlook with them being such a tiny country.
http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=3805

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
US - 43 of the 50 states I have driven through and put boots on the ground. (* Including Conch Republic ;) *)

Canada - Only Ontario and Ottawa

Mexico - Mexico State - Neuvo Leon - Coahuila - Baja

Germany

France

Switzerland

Italy

Japan

New Zealand

9 Countries plus the specials that are not recognized as Bob stated. ;)

I took one trip from Detroit Michigan USA to Munich Germany and from Germany flew over Russia to Nagoya Japan, and from Nagoya Japan flew back to Detroit. Post 9/11/2001 - Talk about security checks for one way tickets. And trying to explain flyng around the planet. :D

Latest Discussions