How many arts are you studying or training in?

How many martial arts are you currently studying or training in?

• 5 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

cpoints

White Belt
Reaction score
I say study whatever you want just make sure that the style stays pure.

ronin_warrior_j

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
These first 6 taken from 1993 thru 2001 at the same Dojo (Tokoshi Martial Arts)
1. Kachido Aikijitsu
2. Tokoshi Kan Aikijitsu
3. Tokoshi Kan Karate
4. Tokoshi Kan Jujitsu
5. Tokoshi Kan Bujutsu
6. Moo Duk Kwan/Tae Kwon Do

2001 thru 2005
Seiei Kan Karate
Seiei Kan Ju-Jitsu
Tai-Chi/Qigong
Yama-Tani Ryu Ju-Jitsu
Shingitai Goshinjitsu
Filipino Arnis
Kodokan Judo

MMA Training
2005 thru present
Panantukan Muay Thai
Jujitsu Dumog
Tien Shan Pai Kung Fu
Panantukan Suntukan Boxing

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Currently studying Chon-Tu-Kwan Hapkido ( Combat Hapkido) along with ATS (Anatomical Targeting Strategies)..

RheaHS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
jujitsu is the only one at the moment, but our style is a modern one. Ishin ryu school.
I don't have the time for anything else, or the money. Some day I may be able to branch out, but I don't feel I need to. Maybe a little bit of BJJ to add to the groundwork.

Keikai

Rest In Peace
Reaction score
Just the one, ju jutsu, for the past 38 years. I am always amazed at the number of different arts that people study. I found one complex enough to learn and am still learning. What with many parts to the grades from 2nd kyu to 3rd dan, including weapons, it all took time.

I have tried karate, silat and done some gradings in Aikido after I finished my ju jutsu gradings.

Greg Palmer

Tsutsumi Hozan Ryu Ju Jutsu

kingkong89

Green Belt
Reaction score
Karate/JKD/Tea Kwon Do/Ju Jitsu/Muay Tai/Judo/Kendo
so 7 arts is how many i am training in right now
:jaws: :samurai: :bow:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At this moment in time I am currently training in 3 styles plus my main system

Black Belt Jedi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My core system is Goju-ryu Karate. I also train in jujutsu, White Crane boxing, and Matayoshi Kobudo as a bonus. I used to train in Koryu Uchinadi (I may go back into training in that system), Iaido and Tai Chi Chuan for a brief time.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My core system is Goju-ryu Karate. I also train in jujutsu, White Crane boxing, and Matayoshi Kobudo as a bonus. I used to train in Koryu Uchinadi (I may go back into training in that system), Iaido and Tai Chi Chuan for a brief time.

which method of White Crane boxing are you training in?

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Three separate arts: Kunst des Fechtens (a medieval German system... swords, daggers, grappling etc.), kenjutsu and battojutsu.

We also train some BJJ in the KdF class to help us understand the grappling principles outlined in the medieval manuals. Besides, armoured combat often ends up on the ground anyway, except with daggers too. Scary stuff if you think about it.

Best regards,

-Mark

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
All methods combined to supplement and understand the roots of Okinawan Goju-ryu.

I guess I was really asking if you are training the Fukienese method or the Tibetan method, or some other? But if you are looking at the roots of the Okinawan methods, that suggests to me it is Fukienese. Is this correct?

Black Belt Jedi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I guess I was really asking if you are training the Fukienese method or the Tibetan method, or some other? But if you are looking at the roots of the Okinawan methods, that suggests to me it is Fukienese. Is this correct?

Correct, Fukien/Fujian white crane, mainly whooping crane that was taught by Ryu Ryu Ko under Pan Yuba. The Goju-ryu lineage goes back to Ryu Ryu Ko.

ModernVisage

White Belt
Reaction score
I see that most people on Martial Talk use TKD or some form of Karate. Must be an American thing despite the rise in MMA fighters who are like trained gorillas. Depending on your goals in becoming a martial artist you sacrifice time to devote to your "art". With that said I respect all forms for their specializations and applications but forming a bond which works is its own science. In all I couldn't list the styles I've trained in. There is my humble beginning of a system that used Kung Fu san soo, Muay Thai, Jiu Jutsu (japanese/brazillian), Kadotchnikov, and Krav Maga. There was also a shotokan, tkd, wing chun, capoeira, Kali, Savate, MMA, Sticky/push hands, Thai chi quan, Bag gua(and other traditional eastern forms/styles), Aikido, animal forms, and Hapikido influences from instructors whom I've befriended and acted as connoisseur to. Again, with that said I am not an expert in any specific thing yet I focus on freestyle form and applied self defense.