How do I get over this tiredness??

Eric7_27

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Currently right now I'm a 2nd green belt in TKD. But the last few months I've been feeling kind of tired when I go to class. Like sometimes my legs will just feel sore when I do kicks and they'll have this lazy kind of feeling that makes me feel like I'm dragging my feet, like my body doesn't want to do what I want it to do. I don't go too often- about 3-4 times a week. I do a little weight training at home- nothing too much. I get as much sleep as I can, and I don't have the worst diet. What could it be? Anyone else have this problem? A lot of times I just have to trudge through a class... :(

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's not enough information here for me to have any specific ideas - and even if I did, this is something you should discuss with a doctor, especially if nothing has changed except that you're more tired now than when you began TKD. The only thing I can really suggest is that you make sure you're drinking enough water - then go see a doctor.

OP
E

Eric7_27

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well I'm not so sure it's medical- but I feel like almost like I'm burnt out but not quite. Is there a way that I can do my kicks differently without putting too much energy into it. Or doing different stretches? etc? Does anyone else get like this?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone gets like that at some time or other - putting less energy into your kicks will just make your kicks look bad. Changing stretches won't change anything, unless you've injured yourself. You should talk to your instructor about this.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I'm not so sure it's medical- but I feel like almost like I'm burnt out but not quite. Is there a way that I can do my kicks differently without putting too much energy into it. Or doing different stretches? etc? Does anyone else get like this?

Hello, RED BULL? Vitamins? I am guessing on this.....most people just get there excerise and training in class only. NO REAL TIME AT HOME (not doing anything at home in form of any type of excerise.)

So when you go to class...NO energy!

Trying walking everyday and build on that.. or running too. Don't waste your time at home from work to just rest, or watch tv. or chat here?

Those that are successfull and healthy and strong comes from training and excerising at HOME TOO!

DO NOT EXPECT GOING TO MARTIAL CLASS is enough excercise.

Funny thing about ENERGY in oneself? If you do no type of physcial stuffs you will have NO energy.

Like a tree....if you do not water it...it grows slower and dies...
Give water and fertilize it grows strong and bears fruits.

Your body needs to have some type of excercise daily or the muscles and staimia gets smaller.

If you can't run a mile? This is where your problem is? Not enough excerise daily.

Muscles in the human body either grows only thru (use of it) or it get smaller from NON-USE. (like body builders) when they stop the muscles get smaller.

Then again see your Doctor, it could be something else?

Gets "Matt Fury" book on Combat conditioning has some simple excercise to start with

Aloha ( for me....I rather chat here).....than UM? 100 push-ups?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Currently right now I'm a 2nd green belt in TKD. But the last few months I've been feeling kind of tired when I go to class. Like sometimes my legs will just feel sore when I do kicks and they'll have this lazy kind of feeling that makes me feel like I'm dragging my feet, like my body doesn't want to do what I want it to do. I don't go too often- about 3-4 times a week. I do a little weight training at home- nothing too much. I get as much sleep as I can, and I don't have the worst diet. What could it be? Anyone else have this problem? A lot of times I just have to trudge through a class... :(

Hello, A few more things to think too? Learn to jump rope daily! built up to at least 10 minutes than add up as time goes on.

2. Always make sure you lift your knees before kicking out...(do squats at aleast 100 or more and build on this upwards in numbers.

3. I remember reading about these guys who would do 1,000 kicks daily....front kicks,side kicks,back kicks, round house kicks and etc. up to at least one thousand in all. (TRY THIS METHODS)
start low and work up!

4. by the 4th week...you will be on your way to a better YOU!

5. Train and excerise at home ...harder than class? ...than class will be easier? Does this make sense to you? .........good luck

Do it daily and in time....you will grow to become a big and strong TREE!

Aloha ( from a tree trimmer? )

Kennedy_Shogen_Ryu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Have you considered that maybe you just don't have the enjoyment for the art that you did when you first started? Personally, I would talk to your instructor about it, see what he/she says. Also consider taking some time off (after speaking with your instructor.) I've known a lot of students who have felt as you do and have simply quit training because they thought that was the solution and afterwards I'll talk to them and they'll tell me that quitting was a big mistake for them etc. Step back and reevaluate your goals, what you wanted when you first began studying, what have you accomplished, what have you not accomplished. Above all be honest with yourself.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you are indeed burned out, a short break away from training (a week or two for example) may be enough to rejuvenate yourself when you finally return to training. Sometimes we do need "down time" to bounce back.

- Ceicei

OP
E

Eric7_27

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thank you for all the tips :) I'll keep those in mind!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If your legs are feeling sore when doing kicks and they have a lazy feeling it may be something missing in your diet but it may also be medical. I would suggest a check up with your doctor , tell him what is happening and a blood test may show a reason.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd personally call it a plateau and tell you to push through it with double the effort.

IF that just causes more discomfort, then see a doctor...then again I am the one having knee surgery because I tried to muscle through an injury...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd personally call it a plateau and tell you to push through it with double the effort.

IF that just causes more discomfort, then see a doctor...then again I am the one having knee surgery because I tried to muscle through an injury...
That'd be my guess...

You're stuck. You've advanced some, but there's not something "brand new" every night. You're a little bored. It's a common problem. Push through it for a while, and it'll probably go away. Maybe volunteer to assist with a youth class one day, or make some other change in your own training routine for a little bit.

OP
E

Eric7_27

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thanks- yeah, when I do kenjutsu I usually have enough strength and can swing the sword quick enough, but often when I do kicks in TKD I feel really slow and "stuck." I'll have to get a check up or something.

OP
E

Eric7_27

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
well yeah- lots of stress at work- but doesn't everyone?

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
All good suggestions and may I add my own. Perhaps, you need to increase your caloric intake. If you have a fast metabolism and you find yourself tired through your workouts, you may need more calories to fuel the workout. Remember energy is input = output. If you are not eating enough of the right calories (good carbs and protein) you could be starving your body of it's energy source and it now has to rely on stored energy (fat and then muscle). The body doesn't like to use these resources so it will slow down your metabolism. Just a thought, since you didn't include your current physical fitness level and your diet regimen, this is all I have to go on . . . or maybe you just need more sleep ;)

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It could possibly be a potassium deficiency. Make sure you drink a lot of water throughout the day and right before class. It would be a good idea to have a Gatorade after class (unless you have blood sugar problems).

Another possibility is that you could b fighting off a virus of some kind.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A possibility is being anemic, this may make you feel tired. You might want to have your blood iron level checked.

- Ceicei

OP
E

Eric7_27

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
okay- I'll see if I can get that checked out as soon as I can. Someone else suggested I might be anemic- that would totally suck :(

Latest Discussions