How can I help my Son

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm glad everything worked out well for him - as a teacher and instructor, I had a student who got into a similar situation who was suspended for defending himself (all he did was block, but the school considered it engaging in a fight), so I'm glad you son didn't have that problem - good luck to your son in his continued training.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
donna said:
An Update: Last night my son started training again. :) . I think it may been his sudden growth spurt and the "control" issue that you all referred to that was making him anxious.
Also there was an incident at school yeaterday where he had to defend himself against a larger Bully. This kid attaked him from behind and tried to put him in a headlock.(he delt with the situation and the teacher who Rang me said it was not his fault and he handled himself well against this known troublemaker) It was as if this incident gave him the confidence to recomence training.
I talked to our instructor a week ago so he knows what is going on and his advice was to just give him time. So when he returned to training he was met with encouragement, and the fact that he has been training at home, he will be allowed to try for his first black tip at the end of the month .

Glad to hear this. :)

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alright, I replied to this last night! Someone's messing...*paranoia sets in*:uhohh:

Anyway, It's rare for things to work out as we hope. I'm glad to here in this case it did.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
donna said:
An Update: Last night my son started training again. :) . I think it may been his sudden growth spurt and the "control" issue that you all referred to that was making him anxious.
Also there was an incident at school yeaterday where he had to defend himself against a larger Bully. This kid attaked him from behind and tried to put him in a headlock.(he delt with the situation and the teacher who Rang me said it was not his fault and he handled himself well against this known troublemaker) It was as if this incident gave him the confidence to recomence training.
I talked to our instructor a week ago so he knows what is going on and his advice was to just give him time. So when he returned to training he was met with encouragement, and the fact that he has been training at home, he will be allowed to try for his first black tip at the end of the month .

Great Donna and cudo's for holding his own.
Terry

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
donna said:

Thats awesome Donna! Glad to see that everything worked out!:ultracool

Mike

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting, perhaps you should tell him that he has a responsibility as a senior belt student or advanced belt student to help the rest of the students that attend your dojo. What do I mean by this? Ok, when you spar with a person there is a chance that either you are going to get hurt, or the person that you are sparring against is going to get hurt. If you hurt someone accidentally while sparring, yeah it doesnt feel too good, but you taught that person a valuable lesson. See, mistakes are to be made in the dojo, you cant make mistakes out in the street where it really counts. So if your son for example, was to hurt someone accidentally, because his sparring partner did not duck the right way or did not block his strike, ect, believe it or not your son just did that person a favor, that person will learn to block that move the correct way. 10 yrs later, or some time later, it may just save that person's life. I hope this helps a bit.

Latest Discussions