How Big Nick got his Brown Belt in Judo and Jujutsu

arnisador said:
It took me a minute, but now...groan!

Kind of like the King of Sofa's, who . . . ;)

An update:

Tonight we were working out for class and sensei pulled me off to the side and said that he had changed my paperwork one more time after doing some thinking and I'm now an ikkyu and will be testing for shodan in the spring. Suprised the hell out of me.

Congratulations BigNick! What do you have to do for your shodan? Is there a competition requirement in your judo school?

Miles

Miles said:
Congratulations BigNick! What do you have to do for your shodan? Is there a competition requirement in your judo school?

Miles

The black belt will be in jujutsu, and I don't really know...I know what the vocabulary and some of the requirements will be...but he doesn't always stick just to those, or even to them at all...

It should be interesting to say the least...

And there is no real competition requirement per se...but I do compete occasionly and enjoy it...

bignick said:
An update:

Tonight we were working out for class and sensei pulled me off to the side and said that he had changed my paperwork one more time after doing some thinking and I'm now an ikkyu and will be testing for shodan in the spring. Suprised the hell out of me.

That's pretty close! Spring is nearly here.... How's your progress?

- Ceicei

Good...starting to dread the night I show up and he decides it's testing time...

I sent Slippery_Pete on a reconnaissance mission, it sounds like I'll be taking my black belt exam on April 27th. We'll keep you posted.

Cool! You are beating me to it by about two weeks.

Jeff

Latest Discussions

Back