Holiday plans to keep in shape

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I plan on eating a lot of good tasting food followed by eating the not so good tasting food. I'll finish by drinking alcohol where/when available. That's the holiday plan but I don't think it has much to do with keeping in shape

I'll be thinking of all you guys stretching, working out and sweating by having an extra helping and drink in your honor :)

I second that, Level7! If I kip an extra for every workout you guys are posting, I guess I'm gonna be sloshed! Ifm y postes bec ome a litll e grbbld, yo ull kn owwhy!

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We have our Winter Camp starting on the 26 and ending the 29. Those involved stay at the school for the 4 days and train from 8am - 8pm (yes with breaks and food). So I will be working there. Outside of that I will be working some 12oz curls and occasional speed shot drills. ;)

That sounds great, miguksaram. I hope you enjoy it! (the training camp, I mean! LOL)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My school is closed for regular classes until Jan 2, but there are a few special workout sessions starting the day after christmas. I will go to all of them, naturally . On the other day I will use my elliptical at home and pretend to use the arm poles:).

It seems like an alien concept to me that some schools are open and training 365 days a year, but apparently the Gracie BJJ down the road does that. How can anybody train that obsessively I ask you, they'd practically have to be monks. Seriously, 365 days a year of any hobby and I'd walk out on my dh!

Being open every day is a bonus for us shift workers!

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've go to do something my Dojo is closed till Jan 5th - I've already gained 2 lbs with all the sweets in the house! Need to find a treadmill or bike - it's too cold and rainy to do anything outside.

CrimsonPhoenix

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My last class was December 9th and we don't start back until January 6th.

I had planned on fighting back against the sweets and staying sharp on all the things I've learned by practicing forms and kicks every day, but then a thing called Procrastination came along and ruined all that.

Now I feel horrible that I haven't kept up, so this whole next week I'm going to do my best and do my own version of TKD boot camp. It's been acting more like Spring than Winter out here so I may just go outside.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will be doing Crossfit daily and working on forms. These together will keep me in good shape.

Link

White Belt
Reaction score
i found a book called Fit to Fight for cheap it had some good work outs in it that iv been working on and as well i figured i had not done a pull up since about 6th grade so i got that iron gym you see on tv all the time that you stick in your door way. Come to find out i can't even do 1 pull up all the way. Thats going to drive me nuts. Looks like ill be busy for my time off

Latest Discussions