History of Islamic Hostility and an Analysis of Current Threat Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Personally, I think everyone needs to cut out the personal shots and flame baiting. This thread is all kinds of fail, and the good points people are making are being completely lost. Just my opinion.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
someone needs to leash this guy or at least explain the facts of life to him

muslim isnt a race and whats more, i have already said IN ENGLISH i dont think the people are the problem, the religion is

so take that accusation of racism and shove it

Lookie here boo boo
enough with the personal shots.

Bob,
you are repeting yourself.

low percentage

we got it already
Yeah I am. I have to sometimes.

So let me remind everyone here: Debate all you want, but there is no need to be jackasses, jerks etc. So if people wish to keep their access and not get locked out, everyone knock it off already.

And John, I'll defend your right to your opinion because that's what I believe in.
But you could be a lot less of a jerk in your comments as well.

and now, I have to get back to photo editing.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
hell Bob, i am sorry, i guess my standards of polite and yours dont mix, cux to me i have been the model of politeness in the face of personal insults

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
hell Bob, i am sorry, i guess my standards of polite and yours dont mix, cux to me i have been the model of politeness in the face of personal insults
There's only one standard of politeness that matters on these boards, and it's Bob's. You and I are guests.

But, getting back to the point of the thread, Bob and others have put some interesting questions out to you. I'd love to hear actual answers to them. You don't have to tell us that you think they're wrong. I get that. WHY do you think they're wrong? Can you in any way support your position?

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
muslim isnt a race and whats more, i have already said IN ENGLISH i dont think the people are the problem, the religion is

-TF, would you agree that out of those 2.2 billion Muslims, that some of them practice their religion peacefully? I ask this because, when you attack a religion, it seems you are also attacking the people who follow that religion. I can point to the Westboro freaks and understand that they do not represent Christianity as a whole, simply a small, twisted version of it, a version that is not shared by the majority of Christians.

-I would also ask if you think all Muslims should just simply give up Islam? Perhaps convert to something different...?

Andrew

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
:hb: Oh for crying out loud it Muslim is not a race of people it a group of people from various races that are follower of the religion of Islam. A race is a group of persons related by common descent or heredity

As much as it pains me to admit this Twin Fist is right so stop being silly and get on with it

Anthropology .

a. any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics: no longer in technical use.

b. an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, especially formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.

c. a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,

2 reported posts already in this thread. Lets stop the back and forth bickering please. Anything else will result in an IC and a locked thread.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
-TF, would you agree that out of those 2.2 billion Muslims, that some of them practice their religion peacefully?

i am absolutely convinced of it. The religion itself is flawed, evil and corrupted, but just like every other religion, not everyone takes it so seriously

I ask this because, when you attack a religion, it seems you are also attacking the people who follow that religion. I can point to the Westboro freaks and understand that they do not represent Christianity as a whole, simply a small, twisted version of it, a version that is not shared by the majority of Christians.

-I would also ask if you think all Muslims should just simply give up Islam? Perhaps convert to something different...?

Andrew

i think most people of every religion follow it out of habit, not sincere devotion

islam is jacked, but not all muslims are jacked up

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
i am absolutely convinced of it. The religion itself is flawed, evil and corrupted, but just like every other religion, not everyone takes it so seriously

i think most people of every religion follow it out of habit, not sincere devotion

islam is jacked, but not all muslims are jacked up

OK, that's better.... we don't agree… I was getting nervous

Muslimism is no more flawed than any other religion on the planet. And there were several prominent Muslin clerics that came out and said that Osama and his friends completely miss interpreted and/or misused the Koran for their own purposes and that they also completely misused Jihad.

Basically the religion is fine, just fine much like Catholicism or Protestantism but it is those that decide to interpret it for their own means is where the issues start just like Isabel of Spain used it to get the Inquisition going because of Jews and Moors and just like Martin Luther, John Calvin did for the Protestant Reform and lets not forget Oliver Cromwell

If you read the Koran without bias you will find a whole lot of similarities to Christianity

Last edited:
OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Muslimism is no more flawed than any other religion on the planet.

nope islam is a cult of death founded by a pedophile who preached forced conversion and sex with children

jesus didnt do any of that

they are NOT equal

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Christianity is a death cult founded by a guy who had a death wish and a god complex (or narcissistic personality disorder, depending on who you talk to) who encouraged ritualized cannibalism.

Sounds pretty equal to me.

Of course, I don't believe that either this or what TF is posting is true. To honestly believe that the Muslim religion is a "cult of death founded by a pedophile who preached forced conversion and sex with children" would be irrational and crazy. Wouldn't it?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
nope islam is a cult of death founded by a pedophile who preached forced conversion and sex with children

jesus didnt do any of that

they are NOT equal

Ahh that's better... the close minded Twin Fist we have all come to know and love.

:hmm: Did I say they were equal... would you please quote where I said they were equal.... and I’m not talking Jesus I am talking about the things the religions are based upon and comparing the Koran and the Bible…but regardless…

I will waste no time trying to convince you otherwise since you have made your decision, no matter how flawed that decision is and you will stand by it no matter how indefensible it becomes no matter how much proof is supplied to the contrary... you hold on to your original flawed belief.

Oh and you are completely wrong by the way, there are a lot of similarities between Muslimism and Christianity… but since it is likely you do not really understand either of them beyond the superficial and much of that is based on opinion, misinformation and mythology and you do not really care to learn more it is senseless to go further.

The Chinese got it right about closed minds by the way

A closed mind is like a closed book: just a block of wood.
- Chinese Proverb

I also like these two

Information cannot argue with a closed mind

The closed mind, if closed long enough, can be opened by nothing short of dynamite

And yes I am saying you have a closed mind.

By the way have you ever read the Koran, the Bible or looked at the Muslim religion and the Christian religion without wearing your glasses tinted with intolerance?

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i do know i am getting tired of your insults.

no one has insulted you, and your entire post was one long commentary on my character

you actually refuted NOTHING i said, instead you tried to distract from the truth of my statements by ridiculing and attackign my character

as debating techniques go, your post was:

lame

weak

lazy

and ineffective

everything i said is true

islam is a cult of death, founded by a pedophile who preached forced conversion and murder

i know this because i have read the book in question

oh, and since we are on the subject of "minds"

a mind, like a wound, if left too open, for too long, is prone to infection.
-unknown

or even better

You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything
-Aaron Tippen

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
im-not-listening.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
i do know i am getting tired of your insults.

no one has insulted you, and your entire post was one long commentary on my character

you actually refuted NOTHING i said, instead you tried to distract from the truth of my statements by ridiculing and attackign my character

as debating techniques go, your post was:

lame

weak

lazy

and ineffective

everything i said is true

islam is a cult of death, founded by a pedophile who preached forced conversion and murder

i know this because i have read the book in question

oh, and since we are on the subject of "minds"

a mind, like a wound, if left too open, for too long, is prone to infection.
-unknown

or even better

You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything
-Aaron Tippen

:) :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions