Hey, all

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I figured I've lurked on enough boards that I should finally join one and discuss something. This seems like a good place to start.

I recently got my 1st Degree Black in Chun Kuk Do (the Chuck Norris style), and I have been encouraged to study other forms of martial art and see what works with my style and history. So I figured I could glean some wisdom from you all.

I also study historical fencing (17th century spanish), and I've found that to be a lot of help in my sparring practice, so I imagine I'll be spending some time in the sword forums.

Since I've studied other weapons outside of our local school, I find that other students, even black belts, are starting to come to me to ask specifics about weapons that I only know of generally, so I hope I can use these boards to answer their questions.

I'm also an amatuer bladesmith, and I've managed to pull off some very functional western-style swords (high carbon-capable of a razor's edge), and I would like to try some eastern blades, so I'll probably be asking detailed questions of those who own good, historical blades, so I can try to emulate the feel and use of them -- forget the "ninja magazine" wall-hangers. I try to make all of my swords functional. (How else will I learn the "traditional skills" without a "traditional blade"?)

Anyway, I'll see you all around the forum!

-Travis

Greeting and Welcome to MT Travis....

Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

Back