Hey Everyone.

Slade xTekno

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm new around here, so a short introduction.

I grew up here in Bakersfield, California. At the moment, I do a lot of reading on JKD and weapons I find practical (cane, knife, and kubotan (flashlight)). My friends and I also spar every weekend or so with training weapons, each with styles we've studied and developed on our own.

I spent a lot of time as a kid and teen in various martial arts (tae kwon do, karate, hapkido, western fencing, etc.). I've fell away from them due to schoolwork, computer games, and a general lack of interest, but I'm trying to get serious about martial arts again. I'm trying to decide between BJJ/muay thai (seems more practical), choy lei fut (for the traditional + qigong + weapons), and bujinkan (if only they would return my calls/emails).

Anyway, hope to see you guys around.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! I hope that you find an MA school that meets your needs. Remember not to get too hung up on what style to try as it's really the quality of instruction that matters. :)

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT! I echo the thoughts that wish you luck in finding a good school in your area, shouldn't be that hard!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT.....

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to Martial Talk.

Latest Discussions