Have gain 24 pounds Since February. Do you have this problem?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. I lost 15 lb in the past 5 years. No matter how much that I may eat, I can't get my weight back. My wife suggests me to eat a lot of ice cream. But I'm not interested in those cold stuff.
The fact that this is over five years and not six months might mean it is nothing to worry about. But I think you should discuss this with your doctor to make sure there isn’t an as-yet unrecognized health issue, like a cancer of some kind. Seriously: do it.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was at a healthy 150 lbs before Pandemic. I am now at an unheathly 174. My blood sugar and pressure has gone up a little bit. My wife works from home now and cooks very good meals. Now I am get wonderful meals, I can't let go to waste. Exercise is not enough. I tell her I am getting to fat and she cooks my favorite cheese cake. Do any of you have this problem?
My wife used to watch a lot of shows about murder and how people couldn't get away with it. So she tells me that the way to commit murder and get away with it is to just feed the husband good tasting food and he'll die because it tastes good but isn't healthy. Sometimes I wonder about her lol. And now she's not trying to kill me. She calls me fat and tries to shame me into working out. It doesn't work.

For me I have a to have a purpose for working out. Without purpose it's just me going through the motion. Kung Fu is my purpose.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At your age not being able to gain weight might be a medical problem. You should go to a doctor and have test run.
My cousin seem to be a very health 60 year old, but die of colon cancer in less than a year.
I worry about that too. That's why I envy those who can gain weight. Had full body MRI, CT, Ultrasound, heart stress test, proncho-scopy, and colono-scopy, nothing serious was founded.

Last edited:

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're not married.
All wives have mind control powers. Happy Wife Happy Life isn't just a figure of speech. If she's fixing food and you're not eating it, she may very well be unhappy. And a wise man once said, 'if she's unhappy, you're unhappy. And if she's unhappy long enough, you're going to be unhappy, with half your stuff.'
Just heard a joke I had to post on this.

When you get married, if she has a father, he becomes your father-in-law. If she has a son, your son-in-law. And so on with mother-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, etc. But what about your wife? What does she become?

She IS the law.

Latest Discussions