Good stress reliever

Clint Strickland

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What would be a good stress reliever to just clear youre mind of everything, and to consentrate with total focus. If you can help please do. Thanks a buch :)

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Music helps some of the shooting competitors I know. Controlling my breathing helps me, concentrating on breathing in and out in a controlled manner, with my eyes closed.

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am going through an incredibly stressful time just now and the most stress-busting thing for me is exercising VERY hard. If I do interval training for an hour I feel totally stress free at the end of it.

I make it a point to NEVER miss kickboxing or BJJ while stressed out - they are the only things that are keeping me sane just now.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed lately, Eternal. Sometimes we have to go through some hard days. Stay strong.

I know it often feels like we can't make the world the way we want it to be because no matter what we do too much damage has already been done. That isn't the case though.

The trials of life make us stronger. We just have to refuse to give up and to use that strength to keep fighting.

If we don't give up then, day by day, we will know we've done our best. I wish you well.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clint Strickland said:
What would be a good stress reliever to just clear youre mind of everything, and to consentrate with total focus. If you can help please do. Thanks a buch :)

Personally, practice and meditation have helped relieve much of the stress I've felt, especially in recent days. I don't believe, however, I have achieved total focus.

spud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
We do “contemplation” before each class to centre & focus the students.

After the first few classes almost every student came to me saying they found it helpful, maybe you could give it a shot, Good luck.

It goes like this:

Slowly take 3 deep breaths in through the nose fill the lungs completely then exhale through the mouth, relaxing a little more each time.

Next repeat 3 times I clear my body & I clear my Mind.

Then repeat 3 times “I am calmly active, I am actively calm”.

After this repeat 3 times “I am travelling the road to realisation with the help of my appointed guides.

After this the students gentle focus on what they want to improve about themselves that night for a few minutes, then slowly open their eyes & we start class.

But you can do it at home, work etc. not just at training.
Hope this helps or is of some interest.

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Navarre said:
I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed lately, Eternal. Sometimes we have to go through some hard days. Stay strong.

I know it often feels like we can't make the world the way we want it to be because no matter what we do too much damage has already been done. That isn't the case though.

The trials of life make us stronger. We just have to refuse to give up and to use that strength to keep fighting.

If we don't give up then, day by day, we will know we've done our best. I wish you well.

Sorry for hijacking the thread here...but thank you Navarre.

...back to our regularly scheduled programming...

OP
Clint Strickland

Clint Strickland

Orange Belt
Reaction score
spud said:
We do “contemplation” before each class to centre & focus the students.

After the first few classes almost every student came to me saying they found it helpful, maybe you could give it a shot, Good luck.

It goes like this:

Slowly take 3 deep breaths in through the nose fill the lungs completely then exhale through the mouth, relaxing a little more each time.

Next repeat 3 times I clear my body & I clear my Mind.

Then repeat 3 times “I am calmly active, I am actively calm”.

After this repeat 3 times “I am travelling the road to realisation with the help of my appointed guides.

After this the students gentle focus on what they want to improve about themselves that night for a few minutes, then slowly open their eyes & we start class.

But you can do it at home, work etc. not just at training.
Hope this helps or is of some interest.

It actually works..

Eric Daniel

Green Belt
Reaction score
Clint Strickland said:
I think meditation helps. Or maybe counting from ten backwards or vice versa while you breath slowly in and out.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Clint Strickland said:
i make my brother wear pads and beat him

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I use the 3 breaths that Spud suggested, but then on the final breath a sharp full exhalation, with the mental statement of "lets do this" and go.

Lamont

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, You may want to see the Joke web sites and click on some of the jokes there! You may found them very funny and it does release some stress. Sometimes you may find youself laughing so hard and be the only one laughing too!

Watch out for virus attacks...make sure you have a firewall.

Many times my family think I am nuts....laughing so hard. ...........

Heard about the man with a very smart donkey? It could perform many tricks like a horse and even does math. The man took him to a circus and had his own show. But no one came to see the donkey act!

You know why?.........No one wants to see a smart ***........Aloha

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Clint Strickland said:
I have always enjoyed Sanchin breathing kata for a stress reliever.

Latest Discussions