Glad I found this forum

bikerftw

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, Just found this web page when I did a Google search for Richie Barathy and American Combat Karate. I was a student of his in the early 80s. I have been thinking about the good old times of comming home badly brused and lumpy. (wasn't it great to be young) but learning how to truly fight and not dance. I was talking to a friend of mine who is in the movie buisness telling him stories about the teachers and students when I realized that someone should make a documentary about Barathy and ACK. What an amazing and hard life he had. He overcame so much as a child to become one of the best in the world only to die so young. SOOOO I am looking for anyone who knew him, his students, teachers, family and so on who want to be interviewed. I am looking for old footage, home movies, photos ect. I am putting togeather a 10 minute short to try to raise money to make a full lenght documentary. You can post or e-mail me or call, it's all good. [email protected] 516-606-2021. I hope to here from some of my old classmates. Matthew....OOOSH

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi there, welcome to Martial Talk.

Well, you've opened up a real can of worms here. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

I encourage you to look around the board, and involve yourself in the discussion. I think that you'll find Martial Talk to be a fantastic community of friendly and like-minded people. Do enjoy yourself.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yea: you shoulda taken the BLUE pill! :D

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

Might I suggest, however, that you have interested people contact you via the board, rather than posting your personal information as you have done.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :wavey: Hope you enjoy the boards.

And yes, it isn't a good idea to post email addys or phone numbers on a public forum. Just FYI.

OP
B

bikerftw

White Belt
Reaction score
I am hoping others from ACK reconize my name and call or write, Also, I have nothing to hide. I think people should know who they are dealing with, If marshal arts teaches us anything is to be a man (or woman) and not hide.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...Love the name FTW brings back old memories from my past..

Latest Discussions