Richie Barathy-American Combat Karate

bikerftw

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking for anyone who can help. I am trying to do a documentary on the life of Richie Barathy. I am looking for his former students, teachers, friends, family or anyone who has a story to tell about him or ACK. I am also looking for any film, video, photos, magazine articles. He was an amazing martial artist and I think his story should be told. You can post, e-mail or call me. Thanks. [email protected] 516-606-2021. Matthew.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alas I have nothing to offer but my best wishes for sucessful venture...

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There have been a few posts about Richie before but i don't remember where they are. I remember Richie well and was always amazed by him

I had though that a few of his former students where on the forum but they may no longer be here

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Modertor Note:

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum to help generate a better response.

Lisa Deneka
MartialTalk Super Moderator

ACKGuy

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking for anyone who can help. I am trying to do a documentary on the life of Richie Barathy. I am looking for his former students, teachers, friends, family or anyone who has a story to tell about him or ACK. I am also looking for any film, video, photos, magazine articles. He was an amazing martial artist and I think his story should be told. You can post, e-mail or call me. Thanks. [email protected] 516-606-2021. Matthew.

Black Belt magazine - July 1986
Black Belt magazine - March 1997

Renshei Impallazeri (sp?) has opened up an ACK school in Levitown, NY and I believe he is still close with 3 Renshei's from the "original" ACK system.

PM me if you would like more info.

edit - i will be training on Sunday morning with Sensei Gallagan and hopefully Renshei Impallazari. I will Speak to him about this to see if he'd be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

bdj

White Belt
Reaction score
where is the levittown school , how do I join ,

Sensei Humor

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Matt, If you google Richard Barathy, you will get a lot of information about him.... I remember him when he started teaching out of a house in Levittown, N.Y. in the mid 70's around the time he left Master Tague's Taizen. Then he opened a Dojo in Lynbrook on Hempstead Ave.
Joey Impellizzieri is still around and has/had a Dojo teaching out of East Farmingdale, NY

CGMWilling

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Matt, If you google Richard Barathy, you will get a lot of information about him.... I remember him when he started teaching out of a house in Levittown, N.Y. in the mid 70's around the time he left Master Tague's Taizen. Then he opened a Dojo in Lynbrook on Hempstead Ave.
Joey Impellizzieri is still around and has/had a Dojo teaching out of East Farmingdale, NY
If you would like more information about the systems ,having been chief instructor in Both systems you can Check out my website at American Nihon Jiu-Jitsu | Self Defense- The Right Way

Latest Discussions