Future of the Study

What should we do with The Study?

• Close it. It detracts from the focus of the site.

• Keep it. Make it an Opt-In section for all members.

• Keep it. Restrict it to Supporting Members.

• Don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Man's gotta point.

It might be best-if I can carry the analogy back to MT-if we were to collectively agree to ignore such a person, and let him have his "corner table," untroubled by any opinion of what he is quietly doing over there......

Innappropriate references aside, you are on the right track Elder, the need to not be offended by alternative viewpoints is not flattering to those people.
See? We have a difference of opinion now. I'm not offended. I don't think you guys are, either. This isn't about alternative viewpoints, IMO. I see where you're coming from. I just don't agree. You and Elder disagree with me, and it doesn't offend me in the slightest. We're not yelling at each other. We're not saying things that require ***** to cover them up.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
See? We have a difference of opinion now. I'm not offended. I don't think you guys are, either. This isn't about alternative viewpoints, IMO. I see where you're coming from. I just don't agree. You and Elder disagree with me, and it doesn't offend me in the slightest. We're not yelling at each other. We're not saying things that require ***** to cover them up.

Exactly..then why the big hue and cry to "do something" about the Study???

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe if people could behave themselves but that doesn't happen. You have irrational nutcases spouting lies, falshoods and the talking points of fools as if they were gods truths, reporting every one who disagrees with them or calling them on their ********, driving the modsquad squirllier than nut ****. You have so called adults acting like kids. Hey, I get it, I'm in the mix too, but I pop in poop on a couple pigeons then flap away again. Some people though, they're like that **** demon and no one has an air freshner. The complaints are valid. You got a guy who says "what do you want to do about this" rather than just putting his foot down and saying 'here's the new line, cross it and die'. Be grateful for that courtecy. I would have just went zero tollerance and booted anyone on infraction 1. Sure, I'd have to boot myself too in a week, but that's fine. The problem here is a bunch of unapprecative ingrates taking advantage of a staff that's more than generous on giving people leeway to figure out for themselves they're being dinks. Problem is the major dinks can't see themselves in that mirror. All the "I never am part of the problem" BS is just that, ****. The ones claiming innocence the loudest are the flag carriers of the problem. I'm an ***, but I admit it at least.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Exactly..then why the big hue and cry to "do something" about the Study???
I don't think the study needs to change at all. I personally don't have any issue with billcihak's posts. He stirs things up and enjoys arguing, but that's not an issue for me. TF was posting rhetoric that became borderline crazy in my opinion. The kind of stuff that you read about in a news article after something really bad has happened. THAT worries me. But as I said, the solution, in my opinion, is pretty simple and doesn't involve changing the study. If one poster is a cancer to the site, you don't shut down or change the site. You cut out the cancer.

This isn't about provocative posters. Who doesn't like reading the back and forth between elder and billcihak? I love it.

Edit: The above is strictly my opinion. Just to be clear.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't think the study needs to change at all. I personally don't have any issue with billcihak's posts. He stirs things up and enjoys arguing, but that's not an issue for me. This isn't about provocative posters. Who doesn't like reading the back and forth between elder and billcihak? I love it.

I think Bill is related to my wife, :) It's a sporting event in her family. So I got no problem with it. I said it before, nothing like a good sparring match.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man's gotta point.

It might be best-if I can carry the analogy back to MT-if we were to collectively agree to ignore such a person, and let him have his "corner table," untroubled by any opinion of what he is quietly doing over there......

Which is precisely the opinion I've reached myself in recent days. I still have a problem with the site being used as a platform for political propoganda, rather than a discussion of personal political views. Those two are very different animals.

But, it's not my site, so I don't get have things my way {I have a very heavy ban hammer on a three-stage-trigger and have never been afraid to use it to keep things pleasant on sites I've admin'd}.

That being so, sticking the vemonous political soapbox stuff in it's own forum and keeping the Study free of it works well for me.

Latest Discussions