From the "You gotta be ******* kidding me!" files...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do disrespect, but it a ****ed up policy that says a non LE entity can mandate what an LEO will or will not charge. If thats the case I'd make THEM sign whatever initiating court instrument you use. I wouldn't be putting MY name on it that's for damn sure.
I agree. Yes, you're stuck following policy. But there's still a fair amount of room to work with the school to realize the error before they do it. Even with a policy like that, I'd be discussing it with the school authorities at length before making a charge in this particular case. Maybe even calling my supervisor in...

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not hard to believe at all, unfortunately.

A couple of years ago at my daughter's elementary school, the principal had a meeting where she calmly explained that pointing your finger at someone and saying "bang" was the same as bringing a weapon to school, and would result in suspension or expulsion.

Anyone that can't tell the difference between kids playing and a real, tangible threat needs to be fired immediately from ANY position of influence.

WTF indeed. Zero tolerance needs to be stopped; in many cases it's ruining kids' lives.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do disrespect, but it a ****ed up policy that says a non LE entity can mandate what an LEO will or will not charge. If thats the case I'd make THEM sign whatever initiating court instrument you use. I wouldn't be putting MY name on it that's for damn sure.
I dont agree with the policy and last time I was sent to the middel school because a kid had a metal butter knife in her lunch box to put cream cheese on her bagel I had a huge argument with the school offical and was written up by my supervisor for not following it was ordered to arrest her and lost 12 hrs vacation for not following a General Order. Thankfully I quit that department a short time later but where I work now has same policy as do most in this state that I know of. However Im a Narc now and dont deal with that crap anymore. Im against all laws that remove officers choice just like mandatory arrests for domestic assaults and violation of protective orders but I also wont loose anymore time over a kid and a butter knife in a lunch box either

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
What the....what's wrong with giving her some Wet Ones and telling her to wash it off? *shakes head*

What the.....?! Ticketed? You've absolutely got to be ******* ME!

By the way, Capt. Erik 'Paul Blart' Mendez, AISD Mall Rentacop, is an idiot......'Police work is hell in 3rd grade study hall...i've see some real hairy action working the yard during Kindergarten recess...you just don't know! You see this scar right here?'......really?!

If my job was to write tickets to pre-pubescent children i'd eat my pistol.....what a joke!

Last edited:

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yeah, i'm trying to wrap my mind around the mentality of allowing schools to dictate to law enforcement what they will and will not consider a criminal act.

Latest Discussions