Stun Guns and Pepper Spray from 30 years ago Vs the new Stuffs.

Happy-Papi

Green Belt
Reaction score
The first time I got my hands on stun guns and pepper sprays was 30 years ago when my uncle bought some for my aunties for self defense. I never really like those stuffs but one time I went to visit my father in the province and borrowed my aunt's sports bag and inside it was her pepper spray which I didn't know. There was this really naughty, very notorious and popular (for stealing, conning, peeping tom, etc.) younger kid neighbor who dug in my bag and sprayed his face with pepper spray (he thought that it was some kind of Old Spice, Hahaha! He shouted and cried then vomited and I had to guide him to the sink to wash his face with water. My father came in and was laughing and blamed the kid for his stupidity. My father hated him because he stole several stuffs and the one that got him nearly shot was when he stole my father's pet dog and pet chicken. Anyway, after about 30 plus minutes he attacked my bag again and saw the stun gun and since he is stupid, he used it on himself... lol. It was so funny of him sneaking on my bag. Anyway, he learned his lesson and I got proof that these stuffs do work especially with a moron. By the way, the kid got salvaged/murdered when he was in his mid teens which got me sad but the news really didn't surprise me...

When I went back to the city, I showed the toys to my seniors and they said that it doesn't work for everybody. Then 3 seniors told their story about the time they used pepper spray on a criminal but it didn't stop him so they had to pound him with M16s. I didn't try the pepper spray on myself since I had some too on my face and eyes when the kid touched me (it was painful but still not enough to make me roll and puke) but I tried the stun gun and it just gave a shock but I was still standing. Everybody tried the toys but it was basically a party toy for us and didn't really made much damage. We thought that if someone will use those toys on us, they will just get us really mad that we may have to strangle or shoot them.

That was the last time I played with commercial pepper spray and stun guns and never was a fan of them. I'd rather use a homemade capsicum smoke bomb than commercial pepper spray. I played a lot with 220v, car contact points, charged capacitors and getting electrocuted by portable crankers is not new to me (I hate the crankers, lol). The stun gun back then felt just like a stronger version of being electrocuted by a contact point but was no match against a cranker. Or probably the battery on our little party toy was just too weak since we had been passing it around or our toy was just not designed for maximum damage since it was just a civilian model.

I still think about the potential and effectiveness of newer commercial stun guns especially the police wired stun guns look really effective basing it only on the videos that I've watched on YouTube but never had real proof since I don't know anybody who has them in my area. Pepper spray's effectiveness is still a big question mark for me (I don't want to get pepper sprayed or electrocuted OK!). Do you have any experience on the new stuffs? Are the newer models better or still a party toy?

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Without going into detail, you can get stuff way better than pepper spray, though youll be drifting into the realm of offensive weapons.
That being said, the inherent downside of pepper spray is that it relies to some extent on the other person caring. I dont know about tasers.

Latest Discussions