Reaction score

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sad.

Even sadder? I'll bet it gets some people in the door with their kids.

I'd watch the instructors like a freakin' HAWK!!

l_uk3y

Green Belt
Reaction score
Surely it must be a hoax. The idea is sad really to think that Karate could be advertised in a way that makes people think homosexuality is a curable disease.

I'm not sure what other country's views on the topic are but what people choose with their sexuality is their own thing. Doesn't really need treating. This sounds very backwards. Whilst their are still groups of people against the idea here in Australia I think it is much more accepted then in the past and as a whole it is just an accepted option.

Now if they were advertising training to people whom can't hold jobs and have a general lack of motivation towards life and improving there quality of life. Then this would be a much better purpose for this advertisement.

Luke

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My intuition says its a hoax. However, I've found that every once in a while, my cynical instinct come back to prove me wrong. It's funny in a dark satirical Coen brothers sort of way. This is so stupid it has to be fake or parts of peoples spirit will have to commit seppuku for fallen humanity.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last edited:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If the kid is gay, then the add should read, "Make your son, into a Bad *** gay" LOL
Sean

I recognize the worthlessness of a post with nothing but a smiley in it, but after reading what you typed above ....

:lfao:

:highfive:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Given that there is no text on the poster, how do we know that this was the correct meaning behind the ad?

One possible meaning: "fix your gay son with karate",
Another: "if this is the sort of thing your son likes, he might need karate".

One of these positions is judgemental. The other is realistic.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with a comment someone made on the website, this isn't anything to do with being gay at all, this is to do with transvestism. There's no indication that the boy in the posters is even thinking about other boys, no sign he's gay. He has bad taste in lipstick that's all, shoes are cool though.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with a comment someone made on the website, this isn't anything to do with being gay at all, this is to do with transvestism. There's no indication that the boy in the posters is even thinking about other boys, no sign he's gay. He has bad taste in lipstick that's all, shoes are cool though.

If you think the shoes are great, wait til you see the uniforms! ;)

BloodMoney

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah martial arts will fix that gayness...hanging about with a whole lotta guys and grappling about with them. I know whenever I feel too gay I like to manly myself up by stripping half naked and wrestling with sweaty men in BJJ...makes my voice deeper just thinking about it!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah martial arts will fix that gayness...hanging about with a whole lotta guys and grappling about with them. I know whenever I feel too gay I like to manly myself up by stripping half naked and wrestling with sweaty men in BJJ...makes my voice deeper just thinking about it!
BJJ... its the gayest sport ever. LOL can someone link that clip? Thanx
Sean

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
BJJ... its the gayest sport ever. LOL can someone link that clip? Thanx
Sean

No, it's only gay if you make eye contact!
GayJiuJitsu.jpg

Latest Discussions