Fitness requirements for belt testing?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We always have a physical fitness part to our test, it is there to push the student mentally more than physically and in SD stituation mental is an absolute for anybody.
Terry

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HKphooey said:
One of the Kenpo Creeds...
I intend to develop myself in a positive manner and to avoid anything that would reduce my mental growth or my physical health.
If I am going to make a student recite and live by this creed, it is my job as an instructor, to teach them how to better their physical health.

HKPhooey, that is something incredibly near and dear to me. We too recite the same every day in our class. Saying that creed while I feel myself grow stronger and think more clearly has reinforced my desire to actually LIVE by the credo and not just have it be something that I say because my instructor tells me to. ;)

End result has been me getting rid of some not-great habits that I have not gotten around to breaking until recently...and somehow finding the discipline to keep them broken. There's more than one way to do this...but I credit my instructors for showing me a way that actually worked.

You must have quite an impact on your students lives sir. :asian:

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Carol,

Thank you for you words. Those creeds are what got me to stop smoking. I realized one day that younger students (and older) looked to me for direction. From that day on, I made it my goal to give the school, my instructor and fellow students my complete dedication to their success.

It is great ot hear success stories like yours. It helps many of us remember the martial arts are much more than self-defense.

Shortay

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
Well I only may be able to fuss at my daughter, but I can hit her boyfriend. :)

See U soon. :)

XXXXXX

See you very soon....... for plenty of hugs, and no doubt, teasing about my "child's size" uniform.

Try not to hit him too much - he's actually pretty handy himself.....

he has a GREAT instructor.

xxxx

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:
HKPhooey, that is something incredibly near and dear to me. We too recite the same every day in our class. Saying that creed while I feel myself grow stronger and think more clearly has reinforced my desire to actually LIVE by the credo and not just have it be something that I say because my instructor tells me to. ;)

End result has been me getting rid of some not-great habits that I have not gotten around to breaking until recently...and somehow finding the discipline to keep them broken. There's more than one way to do this...but I credit my instructors for showing me a way that actually worked.

You must have quite an impact on your students lives sir. :asian:

HKphooey gives every class 100% and sets a great example for his class. The physical fitness aspect goes hand in hand with the rest of our training and everyone leaves class feeling great! Tired, but great! :)

Latest Discussions