Passed my Black Belt test!

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I passed my Kajukenbo black belt test a few hours ago, and I am still looking at it and smiling like the Cheshire Cat. Out of the 6 people that started with me as a white belt, I was the first to make it to black. Not saying "first" as if it was a race, but 2 quit at orange, 1 quit at blue, 1 wasn't even allowed to test this time around cause he rarely showed up to class, and the other 2 got promoted to brown with a black stripe.

I started helping out with the kid's class when I hit green belt to help me understand the information better (learn it, do it, teach it), and it really payed off. Our Sigung sat me down a few weeks ago and told me that he was thinking about testing me for black belt, and my performance in class would be a "continual test" to see if I am ready. Today while presenting me with the belt, he said that he had both belts ready (brown-black & black) and my performance met his expectations.

I have video clips of parts of the test if you want to check them out. I made a couple of mistakes at the end due to oxygen deprivation, so please be light on the feedback.
www.youtube.com/user/MrKaju82

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Ben

Congrats Man!! Its an amazig journey that begins all over again at black belt. I remember a whole new world opening to me, just remember a couple of things: Patience and Humility they will serve you well.

Chris

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
very awesome. a big congrats. i remember my face when i passed green but i cant even imagine black. keep it up!

B

Latest Discussions