Feeling very sad

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good morning, I've been out of the forum for many things, today I feel very sad and almost in tears, my soul is aching, my heart is in pain, I've been having saorrow feelings since yestarday, I have high pressure blood (I am taking medicine for this) and tomorrow will go to the cordiologist (don't know if the word is well wrtitten).

Very windy in my town since yesterday, this weekend was windy and rainy, feel tyred and with no place to where to go, depresion? it could be.

El Manny

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have high blood pressure as well Manny, it's treatable with diet and medication and hasn't really slowed down my training. You can get through this my friend. I would talk to your doctor about how your feeling, maybe he can recommend someone to talk to professionally.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For sure talk to your doctor. Medications can effect you in many ways and many of those ways are not positive. If the doctor knows they can adjust the medication. Good luck sir. Keep us posted.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Manny. Based on reading your posts over the last year or two, I suspect you may have been dealing with depression for a while. Please talk to your doctor and see if he has any suggestions.

In addition to whatever your doctor might prescribe, this may be a good time to make some changes to your martial arts training that you've been agonizing over for a while.

If you're anything like me, regular martial arts training is part of how you maintain your mental health, maintain balance, and fend off depression. I know from your posts over the last few years that you are unhappy with the changes made by the head instructor at your school and you are no longer satisfied with the TKD training that is available to you. You've looked at the other arts available to you (Shotokan, Kenpo, Judo, and Aikido if I remember correctly?) but you haven't been able to bring yourself to decide to make the switch. I'm strongly suggesting that today, right now, you pick one of those other schools and go for it. If one art isn't calling to you more than the others, then just pick the one that's most convenient in terms of location and class times. If you end up not enjoying it, you can always try something else later. Right now you just want to get yourself back into the routine of going out at least a couple of times per week, learning something new, challenging yourself, getting some exercise, and making some new martial arts friends.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If you're anything like me, regular martial arts training is part of how you maintain your mental health, maintain balance, and fend off depression.

A lot can be said for a good nights sleep and regular physical exercise. Depression has never been much of an issue for me but regular training definitely helps me to fend off some other things I at times struggle with.

Hope you're feeling more balanced soon Manny.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Manny, my brother, it starts within you, as it starts within all of us. We go from there....easy, hard, whatever.

It's a hell of a ride, though. Sure beats not riding. :)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny,
i personally have had a stroke from high blood pressure. However I am in much better shape/health now do to some medication I am on.

follow any diet your doctor may suggest. Listen to your body, and never be afraid to say enough is enough when doing any activity.
Be safe in your pursuit of any martial art, but find one that makes you happy or at least one the dose not make you angry or is not disappointing all the time.

if you ever find yourself dreaming constantly about the things that bother you it is time to change or have a talk with your instructor and then decide if what your doing is the correct thing for you.

Be safe and best wishes on all of this

i

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey Manny. Based on reading your posts over the last year or two, I suspect you may have been dealing with depression for a while. Please talk to your doctor and see if he has any suggestions.

In addition to whatever your doctor might prescribe, this may be a good time to make some changes to your martial arts training that you've been agonizing over for a while.

If you're anything like me, regular martial arts training is part of how you maintain your mental health, maintain balance, and fend off depression. I know from your posts over the last few years that you are unhappy with the changes made by the head instructor at your school and you are no longer satisfied with the TKD training that is available to you. You've looked at the other arts available to you (Shotokan, Kenpo, Judo, and Aikido if I remember correctly?) but you haven't been able to bring yourself to decide to make the switch. I'm strongly suggesting that today, right now, you pick one of those other schools and go for it. If one art isn't calling to you more than the others, then just pick the one that's most convenient in terms of location and class times. If you end up not enjoying it, you can always try something else later. Right now you just want to get yourself back into the routine of going out at least a couple of times per week, learning something new, challenging yourself, getting some exercise, and making some new martial arts friends.

You hited the nail my friend. A couple of days ago I went to doctro (cardiologist), she measured my blood and aay my high bloood is not enough to take the pill, so she advised to not eat salt and loose weight, she made me an electrocardiogram and it went ok however she wants bood tests (next week) and a Bruce Protocol Stress test (this I will do it in a near future).

Nos talkinga baout Martial Arts, yes I love to interact with the peewes and with the teens but that's not enough, practicaly I am not learning something new or even training anymore and I am full of these so I will need to find something new, it could be shotokan, judo or aikido, I want to find something good around 7 pm becuase this is the best time I could do it and for waht I have been looking at it seems JUDO class can be, I have to go look around the dojo and see if efectively it's an adult class altought I must say I like karate the most. I will take some time to arrange my toughts and keep scouting martial arts schools for some weeks but if I have to I will go to Judo classes. One thing in disvantage is the Judo sensei does not belkieve in my anymore (and I understand him) cause I've been asking and asking him about the class and he does not longer believe in me about to go training but well I will have to go and take some classes to see if efectively Judo can be for me.

El Manny

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning, I've been out of the forum for many things, today I feel very sad and almost in tears, my soul is aching, my heart is in pain, I've been having saorrow feelings since yestarday, I have high pressure blood (I am taking medicine for this) and tomorrow will go to the cordiologist (don't know if the word is well wrtitten).

Very windy in my town since yesterday, this weekend was windy and rainy, feel tyred and with no place to where to go, depresion? it could be.

El Manny
Manny I have been on blood pressure meds for 7 years now yes diet and other things can help but some is inherited you have no choice, live for your family first. The side effects from the meds I have had to deal with and changed meds but one side effect would not leave to personal to post here PM me but I can say all the advertised meds to help with it did not and I met with a special doctor to resolve it really helped. I have seen this problem kill many men with depression as a side effect of the condition. One of my best friends and a super brilliant Martial Artist Gifted IQ 160 could not deal with this and ended his life a great blow to many of us. In the short term do something for somebody that needs help, feed them, cloth them or encourage them you will always feel better.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been in crissis for a long time, economically, laboraly and with my dad and my life, I have good things like my solid familly (wife and daughthers) that loves me and cares about me, but bussiness is not run ok, and it's a family bussiness where my dad and broher work with me, financially we are not good and I am just tired and my emotions are not good, I figth with my dad very ofthen and we can't see each other some times. Death? Yes sometimes cross my mind but my daughters don't deserve this. Every single day is a pain and my mind is full of bad feelings. I may sound terrible but thta's the way I am feeling and I just can not stand up.

Pray for me please I will apreciate it.

El Manny.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night TKD class nothing fancy I just did some stretching and gave the class to the ladies, we did basics, before this class I taught the children poomsae, my feet ached but this morning I had a nice walk by the boulevard using some hills to force a little my heart beat, a nice shower and breakfast however my feet husrting me and also my lower back this is because of my overweight, the scale called 260 last week I would like to do down to 210 it wont be easy but I will try it.

El Manny

GiYu - Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
I hope you can find some peace, whether it be different training, or medical help. I have other friends with depression, and it's tough not being able to help other than be there for them.
Best of luck for you.

Latest Discussions