This time TKD can't help me

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I know there's no comfort in hearing this, but, you are not alone. So many people are struggling these days all we can do is maintain. Take it day by day and try to keep your head above water. the flood will eventualy pass.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe it may be more Energy Efficient to try to kick worries Face :)

In all seriousness though, best wishes.

decepticon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Everyone has times of trouble come into their lives. One good thing you can get out of this time is to teach your children how to deal with it in their future lives. Show your sons how a real man faces up to the problems and keeps fighting the good fight. Let your daughters see that all your talk in times of plenty about the priority of family and integrity was more than just talk. Now is when they have the oportunity to see you walk the walk. Show them how a person should handle severe adversity.

Don't worry about letting them down or forcing them to live as poorer people. I didn't even know that our family was poor until I became an adult and my parents told me! All I knew was that I had plenty of love, fun times playing outside in the woods, and felt that I was important to my family. I didn't care that I had less than nice clothing - all that meant was that I didn't have to worry so much about not getting my clothes dirty when playing. I loved the inexpensive food that we ate, never realizing that it was all we could afford - I really liked the taste of it (I still prefer hamburger over steak!) Remember that kids just don't see things the way we adults do.

Count me in with those willing to brainstorm and try to help. I have a background in public relations and business management and if I can help, I would be glad to do it. Regardless, don't despair. This may well be the gateway into one of the best periods in your life. Hang on and work through it. I will definitely be praying for you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon brothers and sisters in martial arts, let's get this together, Manny, post up something we can get together with some ideas for you and we'll put our heads together, I've been where you are even sold our wedding rings at one time so there's few of us who don't know what it's like and we are all related in martial arts so it's family now not strangers or charity. The best form of defence is attack!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I sold two guns and this money maybe will help me to endure the next two-three weeks, I hope work will flow soon, if I have to get rid of something else (values) I will do it, my family is firsth than material things. Maybe if next week is better I will show up in dojang. Definetively I will ahve to reshape expenses vs earnings with the help of wife, maybe we will have to eliminate some expenses to adjust my income.

I am getting closser to my church/religion too, my wife has been a great suport.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
as long as you still have things to spare, you are still good.

keeping my fingers crossed for you that things will pick up soon!

Continued prayers for you, my friend!

Latest Discussions