Favorite Kenpo Basic Strike

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Originally posted by fanged_seamus

Tough choice, but I'd go with the palm heel strike.

While the hammerfist is great (particularly when raking through someone's nose a la Mace of Aggression), the palm heel to the jaw or nose is just as devastating. It's quick and easy to learn. And the fact it can be turned into a claw at the drop of a hat helps....

I could'nt have said it better myself . I'd say the backfist was my second favorite strike

OP
K

KenpoRush

So many strikes, so little space...

I have many favorite strikes...I don't think I can pick just one so I'll rank my favorite strikes from most favored down:

1.) Horizontal Inward Elbow Strike/heel palm sandwich, preferably to the head, which then can be be converted to...

2.) Reverse Vertical Elbow Strike, striking the attacker's sternum/xyphoid process, which then can be converted to...

3.) Reverse Vertical Downward Hammerfist Strike, striking the attacker's lower abdoment/groin area, at which time a covering right front crossover foot maneuver is performed with a simultaneous...

4.) Vertical Outward Back Knuckle Strike to the attacker's nose or temple.

I just love doing this series of strikes whenever I perform Sword of Destruction or Shielding Hammer.

Latest Discussions