Favorite Form?

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering what is everyone's favorite form?

For me Koryo is my current favorite. It is complex and flows smoothly from each move to the next.

Of course, this may change as I learn my new forms.

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Do-san and Yul-gok currently are my favorites!

KickFest

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've always had a fondness for Won-Hyo. The first 6 moves are so fun to do :)

I'm only up to sam jang in the taegeuks but so far I don't find them as interesting as the ITF patterns :( sah jang looks like it'll be pretty fun though!

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like koryo, although I have a sentimtental fondness for the simplkicity of Taeguk il-jang. I like Taeguk Chil jang for teh higher level taeguk forms. I am also studying the Heian Katas and really like heian Godan.

Peace,
Erik

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Koryo is my next form, so I haven't actually done it yet. I have seen it performed and I think it is a beautiful form. Of the ones I have practiced, I rather like taegeuk oh jang and taegeuk chil jang.

Daniel

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm only up to sam jang in the taegeuks but so far I don't find them as interesting as the ITF patterns :( sah jang looks like it'll be pretty fun though!

I have just learned Sa Jang and it is more interesting and a little different to the lower forms. One thing I do not like about the Taeguks is that they are very similar. The il jang through sam jang are all alike. Once I finish with the Taeguks I am going to try the ITF forms.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have just learned Sa Jang and it is more interesting and a little different to the lower forms. One thing I do not like about the Taeguks is that they are very similar. The il jang through sam jang are all alike. Once I finish with the Taeguks I am going to try the ITF forms.
Sa jang through pal jang are all very different from eachother, while il jang through sam jang are pretty much variations on a theme.

Daniel

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chung Mu, the brown belt form.

a jumping kick, a spinning kick, it is the first TKD form that really looks like TKD

OP
Mimir

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I know what you all mean about the first three tae-geuk forms. It makes it hard to keep them seperated in your head when testing on them too.

I am just now learning Chung-Mu which is the first of my 1st Dan forms. The jump 360 into the double knife-hand block is HARD! :boxing:

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
My favorites are Chong Moo, Yu Shin, Taeguek Pal Chang.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am just now learning Chung-Mu which is the first of my 1st Dan forms. The jump 360 into the double knife-hand block is HARD! :boxing:

Oh yes Dear, maybe that's why the ITA took it out...jump first, spin second. Block...meh, whenever.

It really helps, I had my problems with that one, too. Once you get some airs, the spin gets easier!

(Gawd I wish the TKD gods could come up with something uniform on the forms...Hyong, Poomse, what else....not to mention English spelling and ranks levels - maybe even color of the belts????? Choong Moo was my Red Belt form)

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
My favorite form is snake fist. Its a fast form using almost all open hand strikes. The whole form can be done in a bout one minute. My second favorite is a tiger form. It is a very powerful form done from low horse stances and has some special breathing done to cultivatechi flow.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do enjoy Koryo an aweful lot & I'm getting to appreciate Pyongwon, also.

Hansu (8th Dan form) is a thing of beauty when GM Lee, Kyu Hyung does it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I do enjoy Koryo an aweful lot & I'm getting to appreciate Pyongwon, also.

Hansu (8th Dan form) is a thing of beauty when GM Lee, Kyu Hyung does it.

what style of TKD are these from?

Last edited by a moderator:

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Choong Moo, hands down. I love it, although #2 fav is Tae Guek Sa Chong.

I actually prefer choong moo over gae baek.

Latest Discussions