Facebook - *sigh* I finally caved

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm on there now. It's totally overwhelming ....

Find me as GL Ketchmark

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Find me as GL Ketchmark

I am on there. I have no idea about the groups and vampires and zombies and, ..., well all of it. Also it seems much more difficult to post pictures, hence why I only have on up there.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Forgive me for not being cool, but what the hell is facebook? Why facebook vs. myspace? What's the point or difference? I know that one of these days I am going to have to get a page somewhere, so that is why I ask... :)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Forgive me for not being cool, but what the hell is facebook? Why facebook vs. myspace? What's the point or difference? I know that one of these days I am going to have to get a page somewhere, so that is why I ask... :)
Man, your just not with it! But when you find out what Facebook is let me know ok?
icon7.gif

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I just added one. Can't even see what the thing is about without setting up an account first. Far as I can tell, it's MySpace.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had asked in another thread somewhere what facebook was and I still do not know. If it is just another myspace I would rather join one of those spam adds I keep getting

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Facebook is this months hot social network site. It's plus is, it's got all these supposely cool aps, and seems to have better integration with it's bits n all. The negative is, it's confusing as hell and less customizable.

Personally, I hate em all. LOL!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had asked in another thread somewhere what facebook was and I still do not know. If it is just another myspace I would rather join one of those spam adds I keep getting

Its very similar to MySpace. Same concepts, different delivery and packaging.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I'm with you

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Find me as GL Ketchmark

I've never even looked at the Facebook site. I have a had enough time keeping up with myspace. I'm a slacker who rarely leaves comments and sometimes I don't answer messages. I'm curious to see what Facebook is all about though.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've debated setting one up for the band. The thing is, as our default computer guy, I don't know if I want to deal with maintaining two sites. Does Facebook have an equivalent to Myspace Music?

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've debated setting one up for the band. The thing is, as our default computer guy, I don't know if I want to deal with maintaining two sites. Does Facebook have an equivalent to Myspace Music?
Heck if I know. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the dang thang. I need like 5 to 10 friends to do anything fun, it seems, and right now The Lisa is my only friend (haven't logged on yet today, tho).

I did play on Scrabulous though, Lisa, so it's your turn. :p

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Hahahaha! I have tried to understand this Facebook thing. I really have. I have co-workers who are my junior who use it. I have friends in real life who use it.

As Bob Hubbard posted above, Facebook has the single most un-intuitive interface of ANY application that I have ever seen. Maybe its just me, but I think not, because I see others saying the same thing.

I'm a myspace kind of guy myself, mostly because I can't understand how to navigate on the facebook site, and, myspace is where all the "cool" people are anyway. Facebook is for a bunch of corporate CEO wannabes!!!!!!!!

my5p4c3 rul3z d00dz!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Oh, boy!

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me it's refreshing that people's pages come up quickly (dialup queen here about to get broadband) and I don't have to listen to someone's music I don't like or wait until all those friggin videos and graphics load. Yeah, it's neat but ... I have to squint to read more often than not.

I like the games on facebook, that's kinda kewl, and how the comments (wall) feature functions.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You do know that can be disabled, right? :uhoh:
Well, in the first place, I wasn't talking about your site.

Second, yes I do.

Thirdly, I have yet to accumulate the patience to do it - I pay more attention, right now, to messages, bulletins, comments. But in a week ... zowie! ;)