Facebook - *sigh* I finally caved

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ohhh.....You old people crack me up!!!! ;)

Facebook WAS cool when it was first set up. Originally it was only for college kids (you could only register if you had certain college addresses... for example @truman.edu). So that made it new and exciting and special and it was a way to keep up with friends from other colleges (like old high school friends) without dealing with the hugeness of sites like myspace. It was super easy to connect with people because you found your friends through other friends and it was a cool little college community sort of thing.
But then I guess everyone about my age graduated college and still wanted to be on Facebook, and so the powers at be changed it so ANYONE can join (which always tends to makes something less cool) and now it is basically just like all your other myspaces out there. I think it is cool that there is a martial talk group to join on there though!
Hope this helped you out (and the postivenss of it cancels out the negative rep you wanted to give me for disrespecting my elders):ultracool

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not on any of these things. I've never even looked at them. I don't even own a cell phone. I'm so far behind in technology, I still prefer to play with swords and spears. I am miserably uncool.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not on any of these things. I've never even looked at them. I don't even own a cell phone. I'm so far behind in technology, I still prefer to play with swords and spears. I am miserably uncool.

...and some day your kind will die out as well :)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Truthfully... you are probably better off!

yeah, I already spend too much time tinkering around here on Martialtalk and over at Kenpotalk. that's the extent of my online community. I don't need to be doing any more than that. Not enough hours in the day.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you had kids no one would have to tell you about facebook!
Actually I had to tell my daughter about Facebook - she'd never heard of it. But I'm putting a cap on how many online communities I join.

kittybreed

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have both MySpace (myspace.com/combaton) and Facebook (I don't know my URL, just search for kitty breed). MySpace is more fun. Facebook has fun applications and I'm now a vampire. Also you can post ads and throw things at people (figuratively). The dark side of it is that I think I uploaded some spyware when I got the vampire application. If you add games (which is the fun part) be sure not to allow any cookies from the application. Think of Facebook as the grown-up myspace, OK but not too wild.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually I had to tell my daughter about Facebook - she'd never heard of it. But I'm putting a cap on how many online communities I join.

I had to have others "INVITE" me for me to know about it.

I have a problem with Facebook. I have a couple of messages sent to me. I try to type in a reply and then click send. Although, the send button is not an active button. Is there something else I have to do to send a frigging message on that system? It is really furstrating that I can make lots of other systems work, but with this one I still cannot post a photo or reply to a message. I wonder if it is version of software or browsers or what?

Latest Discussions