Everyone seems to look down on TKD...

OP
T

TkdWarrior

one word "stupid sports"
oh that's two words...

just look wat sport hav done to arts like judo, karate n these days TKD, so wat's new??
judo was called soft but never meant but sport made it..
karate was something about empty hand fighting but sport made it empty hand point sparring
TKD....do i hav to say :mad:
-TkdWarrior-

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Nothing to it. You can assemble a team of TKD fighters and go to Lumpinee or Ratchadamnoen Stadiums in Bangkok, Thailand to take the Belt there. There is prize money too. AND you get to show the world that TKD fighers beat MT fighters in arguably one of the most ruthless sports. :)

In case I might be taken the wrong way, I do mean this with all due respect. Obviously, the proficiency of the individual is the issue, not the art itself. TKD is no better nor worse than MT. It all depends on how hard you train yourself.

Langdow

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just have a quick question Asoka . . . what do you define as tradition?
You've mentioned traditional asian arts through this thread. I just would like to ask you what makes them traditional?

OP
R

rmcrobertson

"The stances in the katas restrain students from being fluid in their punches...and kicks," and, "natural stances," are to be preferred?

I'm sorry, but this is a fundamental error. Leaving aside the question of power ("natural stances," alone won't develop any, really), the fluidity of movement comes from working stances, not arms. It's true in all the arts, including boxing.

Thanks.

Latest Discussions