Evaluate my speed power and footwork

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, one of the thoughts through my mind was ... you trying to put that bag through the wall? :lol:
Your power definitely speaks volumes and another thought was that it'd suck to be kicked by you full on/for real.
Speed... hmm... as I can see it still telegraphing far too early what you're going to do and thus making it easier for one to anticipate and get out of your way/range or worse catch the leg and put you down.
You got speed and it could (as with all of us) stand improvement.
But it's good and you're exactly where you should be at this moment. Keep at it. Seems that you got a good path ahead of you. :asian:
It'd be hard to say 1-10 scale... personally never liked that type of evaluation so I'll pass on it.

Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see more in the future.

OP
S

Shadow tkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, one of the thoughts through my mind was ... you trying to put that bag through the wall? :lol:
Your power definitely speaks volumes and another thought was that it'd suck to be kicked by you full on/for real.
Speed... hmm... as I can see it still telegraphing far too early what you're going to do and thus making it easier for one to anticipate and get out of your way/range or worse catch the leg and put you down.
You got speed and it could (as with all of us) stand improvement.
But it's good and you're exactly where you should be at this moment. Keep at it. Seems that you got a good path ahead of you. :asian:
It'd be hard to say 1-10 scale... personally never liked that type of evaluation so I'll pass on it.

Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see more in the future.

thanks your input is invaluable

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
rate my speed power and footwork on a scale of one to ten

Thanks for the clip. It's always interesting to (see rather than just read) about how people train and how their techniques are developing.

As far as rating you, nope. Frankly I'm not qualified. I study an infighting system that emphasizes hands and low kicks. But I'll concur with the Caver. It would definitely suck to be on the receiving end of those kicks.

Anyway, the real test is how well are your techniques working on your live opponents. Do you have any clips of you and your sparring partners? Also what does your sensei/sobum/coach say about your progress?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK Shadow TKD this is another one after the opoinion needed thread, so lets begin. You ar chambering the kick better and you have slowed down enought o be some what in control which is good, but on the other hand you have become predictable when your kics are coming. Mainly you are in rythum for every kick alot of Olympic train fighter have that same foot count when to deliver the kick. I see where you are going with this now just work on your timing not being timed before each kick. You see your tell before the back kick is a front leg check follow by a couple of in between hopes before the kick comes also you are turning the upper body right efore your kick which is a tell for some, the body and hips need to come at the same time. Your power is fine and wil increase when you bring all the opponets together as one kick and not seperated by each part of the kick. I hope you do not find me being hard on you and please keep up the good work.

OP
S

Shadow tkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the clip. It's always interesting to (see rather than just read) about how people train and how their techniques are developing.

As far as rating you, nope. Frankly I'm not qualified. I study an infighting system that emphasizes hands and low kicks. But I'll concur with the Caver. It would definitely suck to be on the receiving end of those kicks.

Anyway, the real test is how well are your techniques working on your live opponents. Do you have any clips of you and your sparring partners? Also what does your sensei/sobum/coach say about your progress?

thanks for your input my teachers still say I suck but I think I have improved a little and I will see if I can get a clip of me sparring

OP
S

Shadow tkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OK Shadow TKD this is another one after the opoinion needed thread, so lets begin. You ar chambering the kick better and you have slowed down enought o be some what in control which is good, but on the other hand you have become predictable when your kics are coming. Mainly you are in rythum for every kick alot of Olympic train fighter have that same foot count when to deliver the kick. I see where you are going with this now just work on your timing not being timed before each kick. You see your tell before the back kick is a front leg check follow by a couple of in between hopes before the kick comes also you are turning the upper body right efore your kick which is a tell for some, the body and hips need to come at the same time. Your power is fine and wil increase when you bring all the opponets together as one kick and not seperated by each part of the kick. I hope you do not find me being hard on you and please keep up the good work.
I don't think your being hard on me at all your making valid points and I appreciate them thank you for your input

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thanks for your input my teachers still say I suck but I think I have improved a little and I will see if I can get a clip of me sparring

Your instructor cannot tell how much your techniques have changed since the last clip? You are improving each time I see one of them, just keep training hard and one day you will relize that we train everyday to be perfect knowing we can never be perfect.:asian:

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The power is there nice commitment.

I see more kicks done with your left leg so you might want to work on strikes with the right leg.

Overall some good powerful kicks.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i was going to go with predictable.

the problem is that your footwork isnt "fluid" yet.

what you will find when you look at the top fighters is thier feet dont punt them into position so much as they can throw the kicks out of whatever position they are in.

Thier feet never go somewhere from which they cant deliver the kick.

clearly good power, so no worries there

practice make perfect dude, you have good technique, and good power, just work on getting more fluid

OP
S

Shadow tkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thank you all for your advice and tips they are much appreciated.

Latest Discussions